F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today marks a week since I bought my truck. I love this thing already. It’s a 2wd XLT 302a. I’m trying to decide what I’d like to do to it first. I pulled the intake silencers out and I think I’m going to do a resonator delete. I’ve also got to get rid of the pin stripe.

I’m not real particular on colors of vehicles. I really like the look of the white trucks but I liked the green bc it’s different.

Does anybody have a green gem truck lowered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
The green gem looks great, congrats. 2.7 is a great choice.

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
Beautiful truck.
If I'm going to have a dark truck, that green would please me well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Put the rings back in the charge pipes, they aren’t silencers. The guys at Brew City Boost did dyno runs with them out and then put them back in for a run to see if there was a difference.

There was a small loss of HP with them out. Ford has them there for a reason.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Put the rings back in the charge pipes, they aren’t silencers. The guys at Brew City Boost did dyno runs with them out and then put them back in for a run to see if there was a difference.

There was a small loss of HP with them out. Ford has them there for a reason.
I wouod agree here. After i remevoed mine i realized they were the opposite twist of the turbo they were leading too. I suspect they help spin the air to get the compressor to “bite” better. The silencing effect is probably just an artifact of less turbulence at the compressor or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts