F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a couple questions I'm hoping I can get some direction in. I purchased this truck with a 6" lift and 36" wheels and foolishly only noticed the speedometer issue a few days after purchase. Now looking into it, I've learned most people re-gear their truck when running larger wheels.

I'm quite concerned now this thing wasn't geared and I bought a truck that will inevitably need drive train repairs. It was an absolute pavement princess (Not a mark on the under body, looks brand new) but if the past owner dogged on the throttle a lot should I be worried about the diff and transmission?

Also is there any easy way to determine if it was geared? I didn't notice any power issue or high RPMs, shifting issues etc and went on a long 200km camping trip this past weekend.

If it's not geared, what should gearing should I get done?

76,000km on the truck btw!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Dependent on what gears are in it stock(3:55) in mine. I run 34's and just corrected the revolutions per mile in the tune.If you don't notice any adverse performance issues then it's probably got 3:55's in it. I wouldn't worry too much about the drivetrain. Just correct the speedo and enjoy it.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,004 Posts
What gearing does it have ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts