F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a bunch of stuff off Amazon for the truck. All little stuff but a few cool-to-me mods. Thanks Blake (SickStroke6.0) for the SCT!!! Should be getting a tune (company undecided) sometime next week. Going to add a sub, amp, and 4 new door speakers soon.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Sounds like you have a bit of wiring in your future.

Little advice....

Steer clear of Boss Audio. Take some measurements and put together a kit with some decent welding wire. It's tough as nails and way overrated for audio. Also be sure to pick up a decent fuse block with some ANL style fuses.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put the vents and antenna on today. The Boss kit will be fine for a low power system I'm planning on running. Stock HU with a 500W alpine and a single 10 or 12. And it comes with a inline fuse as well. Going to gap the new OEM '13 plugs to .30 tomorrow and install them.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I'm just saying....

Those kits are junk. You get what you pay for.

Reactions: Btrow

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Put the vents and antenna on today. The Boss kit will be fine for a low power system I'm planning on running. Stock HU with a 500W alpine and a single 10 or 12. And it comes with a inline fuse as well. Going to gap the new OEM '13 plugs to .30 tomorrow and install them.
Is the the first plug change? If so how were the gaps on the ones you removed?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will be the first plug change. I'll post up on the gap when I pull the plugs.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the the first plug change? If so how were the gaps on the ones you removed?
So my factory old plugs were gapped between .40-.49. They looked like crap but they were dry. Just burnt up. New plugs in at .30.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts