F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2011/2012 only

I know turbo smart makes these but what this guy in the video did, would it be the same thing?

anyone do anything with the blow off valves?

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blow off valve noise

·
Registered
394 Posts
No way in hell I'd do that to my ecoboost. Ghetto.

Reactions: 2Canches

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am no expert when it comes to turbos(had a WRX before) but I thought that venting to atmosphere can be bad for the motor. Something about the computer thinking it's getting a certain amount of air and injecting the fuel but when you let off the throttle and the air doesn't recirculate into the intake you run rich. Again, no expert, if someone knows for sure please correct me. I won't lie I do love e sound of the turbos, superchargers, and bovs. There is a supercharged Mustang in my neighborhood and when he leaves the subdivision the supercharger whine sounds awesome!

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm 34 & was excitedly tired last night. Yes 38K well spent, I will re connect the hose tomorrow morning. I sure am glad I have non ghetto boost friends to set me straight. I just hope I didn't wreck the $1,200 motor option. Turbosmart here we come. After winter tires for the car. Exhaust for the truck. & tint for the car. Actually it's an automatic truck. No need for a BOV. Stage 2 & heartthrob will be suffice. Thank you boost friends. This was a lesson I will try to forget :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
This is so ghetto. Just get the aftermarket part and do it right if you are going to do it at all.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am no expert when it comes to turbos(had a WRX before) but I thought that venting to atmosphere can be bad for the motor. Something about the computer thinking it's getting a certain amount of air and injecting the fuel but when you let off the throttle and the air doesn't recirculate into the intake you run rich. Again, no expert, if someone knows for sure please correct me. I won't lie I do love e sound of the turbos, superchargers, and bovs. There is a supercharged Mustang in my neighborhood and when he leaves the subdivision the supercharger whine sounds awesome!
Mine is 2012 & it has MAP not MAF sensor. This would work. Just read a 4 pager on f150forum.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update. After hours upon days of reading & research & opinions from fellow boosters on here, my buddy & I investigated the hose I took off. So our trucks do have a BOV which connects to a hose that connects back into the air intake. Both intakes, both turbos. 1" id on the intake side I am NOT electrical taping it up however I will be putting a k and n crankcase filter on it. Part #62-1420. The BOV will release to atmosphere & it's only a turbo noise mod I am getting. No performance. I will post pics after I decide on Lordco ridiculous pricing or ebay fair pricing.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Update. After hours upon days of reading & research & opinions from fellow boosters on here, my buddy & I investigated the hose I took off. So our trucks do have a BOV which connects to a hose that connects back into the air intake. Both intakes, both turbos. 1" id on the intake side I am NOT electrical taping it up however I will be putting a k and n crankcase filter on it. Part #62-1420. The BOV will release to atmosphere & it's only a turbo noise mod I am getting. No performance. I will post pics after I decide on Lordco ridiculous pricing or ebay fair pricing.
I've not climbed around in my engine bay, but make damn sure you will NOT get any water ingested from that point....

I'd rather see you cap it, than have it sucking in who knows what.

BUT it's your truck. :beer:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As oppose to the 2 huge AFE filters I have? I see your point. Will sleep on it now. Hmm ... K now you gots me thinking

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380428339.759291.jpg

done. The drivers side is done also. Forgot to snap a pic before I put my AFEs2 back together

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Mine is capped and blows off at the new intercooler. :D:D:D

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mine is capped and blows off at the new intercooler. :D:D:D

Can you post a pic what yours looks like? Mine blows @ wherever I took the recirc hose off

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396121005.760741.jpg passenger side ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396121022.530404.jpg peak a boo ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396121057.344601.jpg capped drivers side ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396121072.026184.jpg you hoser ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396121088.754357.jpg are you effin kidding me????

eH

1 - 20 of 65 Posts