F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently removed the bov recir. tube on my 2013 f150 and plugged the hole on the intake. Now my BOV vents to the atmosphere. No problems at all. However on cold starts the truck makes a high pitched whistle sound then all of a sudden it sounds like a valve closes and the truck idles normal. Is this due to the BOV being open at start up or is the sound more noticeable now that the valve is venting to the atmosphere?

Please help
Thank you

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Makes the same noise, way quieter< when you dont have the BOV vented to atmoshere. My guess is you font the problem, but you could hook it back up and if the sound goes away, then you found it.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I didn't know the 2013 could do that. I did that on my 2012 & yes it sucks in alotta air & blows it out then it warms up & stops. Mine makes air noise. No high pitch squeal. I heard the turbos were slightly different on 13 from12

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I recently removed the bov recir. tube on my 2013 f150 and plugged the hole on the intake. Now my BOV vents to the atmosphere. No problems at all. However on cold starts the truck makes a high pitched whistle sound then all of a sudden it sounds like a valve closes and the truck idles normal. Is this due to the BOV being open at start up or is the sound more noticeable now that the valve is venting to the atmosphere?

Please help
Thank you
normal.
It's spooling the turbos, but venting the pressure while the cats heat up.
Valve closer and idle drops to normal after the cats warm up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts