F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
He must want that nice loud release, like I want. Just keep in mind that the 11-12's have a different turbo set up than the 13's. I'm not sure if the BOV itself is different, but the 13's have slightly bigger turbos.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I was looking at getting a replacement so that when the time came I would be more comfortable with more boost. Just to make the set up more rugged.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I'm ordering one with my performance package from Bill, he just put them up on the stage3 site.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380429081.198549.jpg

These turbos have the BOV with it? Anyways this is the passenger side. Remember to do the same with the drivers side. Which is a bit more work after you take out your AFE stage 2 CAI so you can get your hands in there. It sounds excellent. You can filter as I did or plug the intake side.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I couldn't see doing this just for the noise... I can't bring myself to do something ghetto like this to a 50k dollar truck either. Full-race just came out with a CAC that's compatible with the 2013 electronic BOV's, so I'm not even upgrading mine anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
The turbo smart BOV isn't the ghetto setup that you're thinking of.

I personally like the vent to atmosphere. I don't think of ricers, only because I have many friends with turbo cobras and mustangs.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Good idea make your nice 40k truck sound like a teenagers ricer.....
Really you think that is awesome.
When does the fart can muffler go on?
AFE s2 is on already & stage 3 motorsports suggested the heartthrob 4" cat back. I didn't know turbos were supposed to be quiet? I guess that is YOUR opinion. Do you beek the fine folks that tune their trucks because you think it has enough power already. You probably beek the guys who put 6" lifts with 35s because in your opinion only guys with small penis's do that.

Lately on this forum so many haters on whatever people are doing. But that's cool, everyone has their OWN opinion.

& it's was 38K got 10G off cause of that fake employee pricing.

Good guess Texas! (Canadian funds tho, so like 34K in the Obama cash)!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
The turbo smart BOV isn't the ghetto setup that you're thinking of.

I personally like the vent to atmosphere. I don't think of ricers, only because I have many friends with turbo cobras and mustangs.
No, but they don't offer a set up for people like me with the 2013's. The only option for upgrading my BOV's is with the full race CAC, but I like the fact that mine are electronic and not vacuum actuated. So, I'm sticking with stock BOV's until a viable upgrade is offered. You won't see me unplugging the recirculation hoses just to hear a little noise. No hate here, just a little too ghetto for my liking, and on the 2013's they're audible to begin with.

Reactions: 2Canches

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Perfectly agree that the disconnecting is too ghetto. Hopefully a 2013 option comes available. Just throwing my .02 that I don't believe the louder BOV makes this truck "ricer."

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Perfectly agree that the disconnecting is too ghetto. Hopefully a 2013 option comes available. Just throwing my .02 that I don't believe the louder BOV makes this truck "ricer."
I meant ghetto on the electrical tape. I put filters on the intake. & thank you about the ricers. Cause they turn heads & say whhhhhhat was that truck doing haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts