F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m told that the F-150 2013-2016 has brake issues where, while driving, you have total brake failure, and there is no fluid leak on the ground to see this coming. It’s my understanding that there was a recall for the 2013-2014 but does anyone know of a recall for the 2015-2016 or know of any fix?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I’m told that the F-150 2013-2016 has brake issues where, while driving, you have total brake failure, and there is no fluid leak on the ground to see this coming. It’s my understanding that there was a recall for the 2013-2014 but does anyone know of a recall for the 2015-2016 or know of any fix?
Contact a Ford dealer and see if there are any outstanding recalls for your truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am going through this right now - 2016 FX4 lariat crew cab. Ford will not cover the faulty master cylinder. Not part of the power train warranty. My truck has 46,000 miles on it. I experienced total brake failure while driving in town. Glad no one was hurt. I could not stop. Crazy that Ford will not do anything about this.

Ford is aware of the problem. Does anyone know who I can contact at Ford who can help me here? I don't feel I should be responsible for paying for faulty safety equipment. This truck earned a 5 star safety rating in 2016. I guess brakes are not part of the safety criteria.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Call Ford Corporate and open a case. There's a decent chance they will extend coverage - assuming you don't behave poorly, threaten lawyers, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts