F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a problem with my brakes going out wile driving, not completely but enough to be a serious issue, is there a master cylinder recall or similar? I had the dealer run the vin and nothing comes up besides a radio recall. I should mention that when i do lose the brakes, I turn the vehicle off and withing a 20 minute wait period, everything is back to normal.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
What year truck? There was a vacuum pump recall years ago that cause poor breaking. Don't think it's valid anymore but the new style pumps are available

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 F-150 vehicles manufactured August 1, 2013, to August 31, 2014 equipped with 3.5L engines. The master cylinder rear cup seal may roll, resulting in brake fluid leakage from the primary reservoir into the brake booster.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15347846/ford-recalls-225000-f-150-pickups-for-faulty-brakes/

I had mine recalled and replaced in my 13. I know your's is a 14.
giphy.gif

I have to step up my game here >.>

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Slow day at work lol

Just writing a few scripts and NEED a break.. haha a brake..
I know what you mean. I dont have any meetings today and now working on cleaning the house!

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I'd love to clean the house or the truck. Finally a really nice day out and im stuck inside with no windows on the 27th floor with buildings all around me. HARD PASS.
Yea luckily my role allows me to work remote so I don't have to go into an office anymore

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the brakes completely fail on my 2011 on Saturday due to the same problem that the '13s were recalled for. Ford told me I was on my own. Fortunately, the master cylinder failed when I was at a stop because just across the intersection where I was stopped, the road got steep and winding as it went down the mountain. The day could have ended much differently.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I've had a problem with my brakes going out wile driving, not completely but enough to be a serious issue, is there a master cylinder recall or similar? I had the dealer run the vin and nothing comes up besides a radio recall. I should mention that when i do lose the brakes, I turn the vehicle off and withing a 20 minute wait period, everything is back to normal.
Dude, you have been AWOL for like 3 years . . . .

Even if your vehicle isn't currently included, Make sure you report your failures to NHSTA here: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

The more people that document problems; the more likely the recall will expand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2014 f150 tremor....had brake recall on mine...they replaced the master cylinder and bled the system...had no problems before recall was received.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2014 and the master cylinder failed just last week. 37k miles. Exactly like the recall. Gald I was not pulling a trailer, scary as hell either way. Dealer told me they could not do anything. It was after the recall so it does not qualify. So pissed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2016 3.5 EB XLT 76k miles and I had the catastrophic brake failure, no warning just went straight to the floor. One of the scariest things that's ever happened to me. Looked at all the info online, read about the 2014 recall, saw the NHTSA opened an investigation for this issue for 2015-2016 and so far Ford denies it's an issue. I opened my own complaint with safercar.gov. This is ridiculous, 76k and catastrophic failure of master cylinder; fluid from the failure floods the booster, both replaced at $950 out of my pocket.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts