F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just traded in a f250 super duty that has a moonroof an I had it for a year and no problems my new f150 lariat limited also has a moonroof and no leaks i`ve owned several Lincoln town cars all with moonroofs and none of them leaked.

·
Registered
221 Posts
We've got a roof leak in ours as well - '14 Lariat with 502A package that comes with a moonroof and less than 3k miles. In our pitched driveway, it leaked pretty bad in the rear following down the rear seatbelts and left quite a stain on the headliner. I doublechecked the roof and it was closed tight - we haven't used the roof other than opening the visor to let some light in. Just venting, but I'm so frustrated with the (initial) quality and now the dealer experience. We made an appt last week directly with the service person and today the very same person said they weren't able to properly diagnose due to being below freezing. It would have been nice to have told us not to bring it in if it's not above freezing instead of wasting our time. Ugggh. Full disclosure, we did not purchase from this dealership as they didn't have any Max trailer tow units and went out of state, but certainly have given them much sales and service over the years. Just hoping they can find the source of the issue and fix it when we are able to bring it in, but not the way I wanted to start out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
We've got a roof leak in ours as well - '14 Lariat with 502A package that comes with a moonroof and less than 3k miles. In our pitched driveway, it leaked pretty bad in the rear following down the rear seatbelts and left quite a stain on the headliner. I doublechecked the roof and it was closed tight - we haven't used the roof other than opening the visor to let some light in. Just venting, but I'm so frustrated with the (initial) quality and now the dealer experience. We made an appt last week directly with the service person and today the very same person said they weren't able to properly diagnose due to being below freezing. It would have been nice to have told us not to bring it in if it's not above freezing instead of wasting our time. Ugggh. Full disclosure, we did not purchase from this dealership as they didn't have any Max trailer tow units and went out of state, but certainly have given them much sales and service over the years. Just hoping they can find the source of the issue and fix it when we are able to bring it in, but not the way I wanted to start out.
Mine was the joint toward the front on the passenger side. I was pissed myself.I put blue painters tape around the seal of the glass in between dealer visits so it didn't ruin my truck. If I hadn't put $5k in aftermarket right out of the gate I would have thrown the keys back at ford. The fact they would make a channel that goes in the truck as one piece out of two pieces amazes me. I had to pick up a channel they had laying in the shop and draw it out with crayon for them to understand where the leak was. It's a sunroof, it's not that difficult. It took them 3 tries and 14 days. Ridiculous,incompetent technicians and a manager who didn't care. Also the technicians said they didn't even look at it the first time. I told them the paperwork says they did, so it counts for lemon law. They tried telling me it didn't leak, but they didn't even remove the tape! Not to mention they parked it in a muddy field and it was covered in mud when they tried to give it back! It's fixed now but I'm still not over it. If I were you I would start a new post on it. There is a dealer rep on this site that will contact your dealer and work with you. It tends to move things along.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Were you able to have your dealership take a look at this, LIEco? I'll get this escalated to your regional customer service manager. Please send me a private message with your full name, VIN, servicing dealership, and best daytime contact number. I'll get things moving!

Brittany

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got in my truck after work today and noticed a little water dripping (poured all day today) so i look down and the mat is soaked carpets wet and the handel on the passenger side is where the water is coming from. Being in the business i open the roof and blow the drains out nada clean and clear. pour 2 bottles of water in the tracks and they drain fine no dripping past the lip or anywhere else. pulled the pass a pillar off to see if i could see where the water was coming in but no luck just wet headliner and i couldnt see the drain tube with it off. only thing i can think of is its coming from the satellite atenna???? is this common i got the truck last tuesday. its also a 2014. 850miles on the truck! im pretty upset to say the least. hoping this doesnt turn into a big deal like it did for you OP

·
Registered
45 Posts
Geeez people......this is a truck, not a Fiat. But my f150s are used for work.... so what do I know about moonroof and sunroof. Good luck tho.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Geeez people......this is a truck, not a Fiat. But my f150s are used for work.... so what do I know about moonroof and sunroof. Good luck tho.
I hear Ya I didn't order the truck or I wouldn't have gotten this. Just happened to find the right truck with the options I wanted and it just had it. So what do Ya do.

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Bought mine used with 75k...no leaks but no clue about prior service. LOVE my sun/moon/whatever the hell it is roof! Get it fixed! Don't let this be the reason you leave Ford!

2011 OW FX4 Ecoboost Luxury package Screw 5.5, 3.73, S&B intake, Flowmaster 40, rear lift block delete, running board delete, tinted heads, dipped emblems, shorty antenna, tonneau cover, 33's on 20's. SSI tune

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Got in my truck after work today and noticed a little water dripping (poured all day today) so i look down and the mat is soaked carpets wet and the handel on the passenger side is where the water is coming from. Being in the business i open the roof and blow the drains out nada clean and clear. pour 2 bottles of water in the tracks and they drain fine no dripping past the lip or anywhere else. pulled the pass a pillar off to see if i could see where the water was coming in but no luck just wet headliner and i couldnt see the drain tube with it off. only thing i can think of is its coming from the satellite atenna???? is this common i got the truck last tuesday. its also a 2014. 850miles on the truck! im pretty upset to say the least. hoping this doesnt turn into a big deal like it did for you OP
The satellite antenna has been known to leak. Run your fingers along the rubber seal where the door and headliner meet. It should be wet, as this is how the water channels to the grab handle. I ran a hose for a few minutes and then there is enough gap between the headliner an roof you can easily see any leak with a flashlight. Check the drain channel seam adjacent to the two rivets on the track. Good luck...

·
Registered
671 Posts
Why take it back to the same dealer?
Any ford dealer will warranty. You are in houston, ton of dealers.
Find a dealer with a good service writer, make friends.
Tell them you need a truck for work, they always gave me a truck
Rental at no additional charge.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I'll get a case started and escalated to your regional customer service manager for further assistance, Nickp. Please send me a private message with your full name, VIN, servicing dealership, and best daytime contact number. I'll get started right away!

Brittany

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Mine is leaking again! I really hope they replace parts this time and don't patch it. My headliner is soaked when it rains and I am tired of paying for a rental car when I should be driving a trouble free new truck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Here is a picture of their fix, caulking the drain channel seam. It's still leaking, but the dealers says they can't get it to leak now in the shower stall. It happens when water gets past the glass seal and runs through the drain channel across the seam. The truck is always parked on flat ground. Before they worked on it water ran down to the grab handle to the floor, but now it runs all over the visor and dash. You can faintly see a water droplet on the lower left picture on the white plastic. I would really like them to just replace the channel and soaked headliner. Does anyone have ideas, new dealer perhaps?
image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
18 hours under the leak shower and no leak. I went down to the dealer and we leak tested and finally found it. They have agreed to replace the whole sunroof assembly. We did find the rocker panel under the kick plate where the rear harness runs on the passenger side was full of water too, but couldn't find where that came from...fingers crossed this isn't a separate leak issue. I have to say the service writer and tech were very helpful.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Did they replace the liner and did they do a good (great) job? Look like factory? Mine has a water stain mark that I'm assuming they would have to change out. Need to take some pics. GL with the repairs and glad they are working with you.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts