F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Discussion starter · #4 ·
Yeah just got off the phone with them unfortunately they don’t have another truck for a loaner and we had a camping trip planned for the entire weekend[emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just proves that the computers are definitely doing their job.

I've always said that as complicated as these Ecoboosts are now, that it's AMAZING that everything is actually working perfectly when they come off the line.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just proves that the computers are definitely doing their job.

I've always said that as complicated as these Ecoboosts are now, that it's AMAZING that everything is actually working perfectly when they come off the line.

I love your optimistic view. My immediate thought was what a piece of crap. It would be cool to be a software engineer for car companies these days. Especially the luxury models and Tesla's.

OP, sorry for the troubles you are having on your new truck. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #9 ·
The technology is definitely fascinating. Ford remotely ran a diagnostic they said there are no permanent codes stored that it may have been a system glitch I’ve driven the truck 30 miles since and it’s acted fine. This is the first new vehicle I’ve ever owned so my first reaction was the same “ what a box of crap”

I know I'm spending YOUR money, but I think you will see great value and peace of mind that a good ecm-pcm-bcm..... monitoring solution would provide you.

Or put another way, that new truck has an unbelievable amount of parameters that determine whether "all systems are go", and the dashboard is woefully inadequate at presenting those critical parameters to the pilot.

If you do deploy a monitoring solution you will find that the various operating values get etched into your memory. Much like a dash in an airplane, you actually become intimate with "normal", so it is easy to spot an ad normality. Perhaps gaining attention to something that might need addressing before a real issue exists?

Anyways, I hope you find that little wrench nothing to be too concerned about. Enjoy the new truck experience. Don't let the negative waves steel that. :)

For a 2019 you could purchase a tuner that can monitor whatever pids you consider important. I have the Hptuner "Ngauge". Not very sexy looking, but very reliable and can show 6 pids numerically, with an additional pid via a ribbon of leds.

A cheap way to do it though is with an ODB Bluetooth adapter (Or WiFi) and the torque pro app on a smartphone or tablet.

For troubleshooting, they are both helpful at pulling codes, of course.

Although the tuners (Ngauge) are fairly expensive, you can purchase them with "tune package" deals and end up with a good value equation. But that only applies if you are interested in tuning your truck.

You can see the tuner in the upper left hand above the dash below. Other fellas have come up with clever and more permanent locations to mount theirs.

I will say that if you were towing and had cruise set while tackling a long 7% grade etc.. or had a strong gust of wind hit your Boost while towing can trip the built in sway control which can trip the wrench. Pull over; shut truck off, than restart.
Ford puts a few protective feature in the PCM.
Not sure what happened to you TC?
Text Transport Font Vehicle Car

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #16 ·
I will say that if you were towing and had cruise set while tackling a long 7% grade etc.. or had a strong gust of wind hit your Boost while towing can trip the built in sway control which can trip the wrench. Pull over; shut truck off, than restart.
Ford puts a few protective feature in the PCM.
Not sure what happened to you TC?
View attachment 166708

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
I’ve towed my travel trailer twice with no issues. Was backing out of my driveway put it in drive and drove a 1/4 mile stopped at the stop sign in my neighborhood and it came on. It instantly dropped in power and wouldn’t go out of 3rd gear or over 2500 rpm. Like i said it was weird but after a restart it has been fine

I have a tuner but for simple diagnostic I use the dashcommand app (like $10) and an obd2 Bluetooth adapter from Amazon (like $15). Works flawlessly. If you don't wanna tune it's a cheap alternative.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.