F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer looked at me wonky when I told them to give me my free oil change at 2300 miles and handed him a sample kit. "You don't need a break in service anymore. You should come back in 3,000 miles"

Oil report confirmed all of the sh1t floating through the sump. 5w 20 weight as well. No thanks! I will get the 140 ppm of copper out of my oil ASAP.

Reactions: gniknalu

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did mine at 800miles.
Wish I followed your lead. I did 1200 mile break-ins on all my new vehicles prior to this. It will be Amsoil 5w-30 after one more cycle of the syn-blend.

You should change your oil after every time you drive your truck. That way you are sure to be "safe" :p
That sounds reasonable and quite appropriate for the thread. Thanks again for your contribution to the community. Now run along to your appropriate forum now. :p

·
Registered
298 Posts
And, you had 147 of dirt. That's what silicon is, right? I'm with you, change it pretty soon the first time.

·
Administrator
7,895 Posts
Wish I followed your lead. I did 1200 mile break-ins on all my new vehicles prior to this. It will be Amsoil 5w-30 after one more cycle of the syn-blend.

That sounds reasonable and quite appropriate for the thread. Thanks again for your contribution to the community. Now run along to your appropriate forum now. :p
Maybe you should go find an appropriate forum

I think this one would fit you pretty well:
f150ecotuning.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You look like a jerk yourself with that post. Js
Thanks for the compliment! You look like a wound-up old man calling names on an internet board.

Why?

Because it is clear you missed the sarcasm font on my post? Or maybe you missed the smiley and winky thing (;))? Jesus Christ.

I took the original comment about "change your oil every time you drive" as a light-hearted joke and responded with a similar joke. Do you take yourself this seriously all the time? I doubt Beetlespin did (correct me if I am wrong, Beetle).

You must be a riot at parties! ;)

Read the effing thread before you spout your nonsense. I don't care how many times you've been thanked here.
Somebody has to pick up where you left off at. :cool:
Ha! Someone gets it.

Reactions: Raiderfan1890

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Thanks for the compliment! You look like a wound-up old man calling names on an internet board.

Why?

Because it is clear you missed the sarcasm font on my post? Or maybe you missed the smiley and winky thing (;))? Jesus Christ.

I took the original comment about "change your oil every time you drive" as a light-hearted joke and responded with a similar joke. Do you take yourself this seriously all the time? I doubt Beetlespin did (correct me if I am wrong, Beetle).

You must be a riot at parties! ;)

Read the effing thread before you spout your nonsense. I don't care how many times you've been thanked here.
Ha! Someone gets it.
Lmao you're a ****ing idiot. I wasn't even talking to you. I didn't even quote you. Now who looks like what.
This is my last post here.
Good bye and good ****ing riddance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lmao you're a ****ing idiot. I wasn't even talking to you. I didn't even quote you. Now who looks like what.
This is my last post here.
Good bye and good ****ing riddance
For a name calling internet thug, you sure are a sensitive Sally.

Miss you already. ;)

Reactions: Ecoboost Clark

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well back to the OP...

I'm sitting at the dealer right now 1k miles getting the factory oil out. I'm making a long trip tomorrow and wanted that stuff out before the trip.
I agree, I'd want it out too before a trip. Just seems like a good thing to do. Make sure they use 5w-30 in ye Ecoboost. The '15s still require the 30w on high side, right? I've read where quite a few dealers used 5w-20, like what most Fords take.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Oil changed at 894 miles and dealership was surprised how soon I brought it in. Also was a freebie (well probably not considering what I paid for the truck). Thanks for the heads up. I usually do it within the first 3k on all of my new cars (and then ~5-10k), but this made me do it sooner...

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I changed mine with about 600 miles as well. Why?
Because it made me feel better, that's why!

Reactions: GuyGene

·
Registered
578 Posts
I changed mine with about 600 miles as well. Why? Because it made me feel better, that's why!
One of the best reasons in my opinion

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I'm taking mine in @3000 miles. No worries here. I did oil changes religiously every 3000-5000 miles on my '98 4.0 ranger, and she's got 418,000 miles on it. Still goes like hell, and has been known to tow the occasional 6000# trailer full of scrap. :cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.