F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else's truck chatter for 1-2 seconds on a first start of the day? Mine just started doing that. Sounds like when you do an oil change, and crank the engine up right after: nothing rough, just like engine building oil pressure, can barely hear it inside, but clear as day outside. Oil level normal. No fuel smell that I can tell either.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2011 is doing the same thing. Have you had any luck figuring out what it is? I have an audio clip but dont know how to upload it. Im hoping its not a flywheel problem, but as you mentioned its only the first cold start of the day. Go figure my warranty just expired!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2011 is doing the same thing. Have you had any luck figuring out what it is? I have an audio clip but dont know how to upload it. Im hoping its not a flywheel problem, but as you mentioned its only the first cold start of the day. Go figure my warranty just expired!
It does it so randomly that I haven't been able to catch it. I hear it could be a timing chain tensioner. I'll keep an eye out for a solution for you.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It does it so randomly that I haven't been able to catch it. I hear it could be a timing chain tensioner. I'll keep an eye out for a solution for you.

My guess is the chain tensioner does not have the oil pressure till a few seconds after startup so what you here is the slack in the chain until the tensioner is properly working. Totally a guess though.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My guess is the chain tensioner does not have the oil pressure till a few seconds after startup so what you here is the slack in the chain until the tensioner is properly working. Totally a guess though.
Can it or should it be adjusted?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts