F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bringing tire width to FLUSH with the fenders (even if the fenders are not as perfectly vertical as the tire)

I've got a 2018 2.7l v6

I'm trying to do the math to get myself on 33s without lift or level kit. I'm told by the innerwebs that my stock rims can fit up to 275/70r18 without rubbing. But I still would have some overhang of the fender which just isnt entirely aesthetic.

So I'm trying to figger.... adapters for extra width? Or would the adapters extend past the fender?
OR do I need a new wheel entirely, in which case I would need to know the sweet spot for backspacing so that I'm not coming inward into the wheel well?

What is the simplest method to make that slight aesthetic adjustment?

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
The simplest way would be spacers. You'd get a lot of flack, but truth be told many people run spacers with no problem...IF they follow the correct install procedures and any recommendations to retorque at certain intervals. I think you have to go with a minimum 1.25" spacer to avoid having to trim the OEM wheel studs. If you're fine with that you can run as small of a spacer as you need to accomplish the width you desire.

The best way would be new wheels that got you what you need.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,984 Posts
I was forced to shim both the oem King Ranch 20's and the Limited 22's. (I don't know why I'm an OEM F150 wheel guy. Some of them are just beautiful to me. Right @AllWhiteEco?)

Anyways, the Brembo calipers had clearance issues. Only needed about 16 mm. Jerry at Tifosi had some hub-centric spacers made for me. I think 20mm, just enough clearance for comfort.

You'd have to know to look for it, I think. And I have 25,000+ miles with them. I torque the lugs at 150 and they've never given me a problem. Although I do have to tap them out of the wheels lightly when swapping.

Matching spacers front/rear for symmetry

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wider tire is one way. I achieved the better fill by getting a square shouldered tire. The sidewall is very vertical and tread is wider. Several manufacturers have them including Toyo.
You need to be sure they don’t contact the fender well when turned.
Jim

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm using 265-17 tires on 8-17, 0 off-set wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts