·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Plugs yes. Tstat only with a tune that takes it into account

Family First

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'd choose other plugs personally with the problems that have been occurring with the Brisks. 170° stat is definitely a doer though.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Pretty easy, pull intake tunes off and you can see the bolts that hold the thermostat in. I tried to take pics but its hard to tell even in the pics. Catch the coolant, put new stuff back in, squeeze the hoses a little to bleed it and check the coolant after a few heat cycles, done.

·
Registered
914 Posts

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
This will help with the thermostat. I definitely recommend to all tuned or stock. http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/1...y-170-degree-thermostat-install-write-up.html As far as the plugs, go to O'reily's and get 6 Motorcraft SP534 plugs. They're only $3.99 each. Gap to .28-.30 and you will be all set.
It's funny you say that, it must be a regional thing. I went online, it says $3.99 each. But my local stores want $7.99. Dealer wants $7.99 but using my mechanic friends discount they are $4.25

Certified Internet Warrior. I once ctrl alt del'd a man to death.

·
Registered
914 Posts
It's funny you say that, it must be a regional thing. I went online, it says $3.99 each. But my local stores want $7.99. Dealer wants $7.99 but using my mechanic friends discount they are $4.25

That's strange. Yeah I called my store and ordered them. Took 24 hours and they were $3.99.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts

Must be Cali. here in Colorado $3.99 and dealer Was $7.49

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Just ordered a SCT X4 from Stage3, should I be looking to swap out my T-stat? What's the advantage or reasoning for going to a 170 T-stat?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Just ordered a SCT X4 from Stage3, should I be looking to swap out my T-stat? What's the advantage or reasoning for going to a 170 T-stat?
Runs cooler. Read the link I posted.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Must be Cali. here in Colorado $3.99 and dealer Was $7.49
Yeah I didn't call them on it since I wasn't going to buy it from them since they were going to take a couple days to get in.

Family First

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
My brisk plugs did amazing for the first 1k miles, now I'm getting spark blow-out again...

It's still 100 times better than before, but it's aggravating.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Any ups or downs to this Motorcraft part number I keep seeing tossed around?

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
None that I can tell
So since I'm not running E85 of water/meth injection, and a mild 87oct tune....do I even need different plugs or am I good to just pull and gap the stock ones?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
So since I'm not running E85 of water/meth injection, and a mild 87oct tune....do I even need different plugs or am I good to just pull and gap the stock ones?
How many miles you have on stock plugs? If it's low mileage and the 534s, I would say yes go for it. A regap to .30 would prolly do u good.

MPT tuned....Kings of the Street!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts