F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a knocking noise from the under & aft part of my engine. The local dealership suspected a rod bearing was going. After dropping the oil pan turns out I have crack in my crankshaft. My truck has 72K miles and I'm out of warrant. Anyone else had this issue? Now I get to deal with FMC and see if they will pick up the some of the tab. Before dropping the oil pan, the dealership quoted me a new engine for 10K!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Had a knocking noise from the under & aft part of my engine. The local dealership suspected a rod bearing was going. After dropping the oil pan turns out I have crack in my crankshaft. My truck has 72K miles and I'm out of warrant. Anyone else had this issue? Now I get to deal with FMC and see if they will pick up the some of the tab. Before dropping the oil pan, the dealership quoted me a new engine for 10K!
I've been pricing junkyard engines for a possible build, and they've been around 3-4k with low miles.

·
Registered
868 Posts
OUCH !

i dont know what else to say, i hope you have better results than i did when i blew the planetary assy apart in my last truck that was outta warranty.
warranty was 36,000 and i had 38,somethin and ford wouldnt cut a dime off the cost of a new one.

i think i would buy a new crank and give the local machine shop a few bucks to help me put humpty dumpty back together again !

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
FirstPostTroll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, that was my first thought. He's full of crap.

Why didn't he post it in the Problem Forum? Instead he posts in the Purchasing Forum? That's a Troll move.

I say DELETE DELETE DELETE.

Reactions: Lowes48

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
PS: A crack in the crankshaft won't make a knocking sound. A knocking sound would be caused by something else. I call BS on you!

Show us a scan copy of mechanic's writeup or something from Ford denying your warranty claim. :p

Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
What's a crankshaft & can it make my truck go faster. Safer. & be the best ?

Sent from my space grey 5S using an aPP called Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
if I delete it. Will I save weight?

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
Yup weight and a lot of fuel cause ya be sittin still!

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
sayyyy whaaaaa

·
Registered
191 Posts
Actually a cracked crank could cause a knocking sound if it is a good sized crack. A large crack would let oil out of the effected journal possibly causing a knock.

I am not ready to call the OP a troll, yet.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
2canches, I did a crankshaft delete on my last car and the weight savings were incredible. It helped a lot with my gas mileage and there was a noticeable gain to my 1/4 time. By gain I mean it got longer. How fast can you push your truck 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
#1postwonder

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I've posted over a thousand times #notanoobtothiscircusjustthesafest

Sent from my white iPad in a RED smart case using an app called Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I've posted over a thousand times #notanoobtothiscircusjustthesafest Sent from my white iPad in a RED smart case using an app called Tapatalk
#CanIBeBestest #WhoWillBeFastest

1 - 20 of 83 Posts