F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 f150 supercrew . Sorry if posting in wrong area. While driving down the hiway my rear wheel came off. After crashing I looked at rear end. Wheel and hub broke off of axle. Has anyone heard of ,or seen this happen before? Scared the poop out of me. Would this be a warrany issue?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Define "crashing" -- but yes, take it to Ford first, then insurance (tell them it was a manuf defect and maybe they'll light a fire under ford's ass).

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
hmmm. was anything recently apart or serviced? I too would light a fire under somene's ass.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
No, hi how are ya I'm new to the forum this is what I've got, just straight to the devastation!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sounds ugly man, lucky no one was hurt. Hopefully you still have warranty. Ive never seen that before. There is no hub on the rear of that truck though, the wheel bolt directly to the axle, so are you saying the axle actually snapped apart or did the wheel just come off, maybe loose lug nuts??? Btw welcome to the forums lol

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Define "crashing" -- but yes, take it to Ford first, then insurance (tell them it was a manuf defect and maybe they'll light a fire under ford's ass).
crashing[ krash-ing ]
adjective
1. absolute; complete; utter: a crashing bore.
2. unusual or superlative; exceptional: a crashing celebration.
crash[ krash ]
verb (used without object)
1. to make a loud, clattering noise, as of something dashed to pieces.

eH

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
And you said you barely gradidated high school!

BOOSTING ON MY PARENTS BUDGET Y'ALL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the welcome. Yes wheel still bolted to the axle and broke off. Crash? yes into ditch approx. $10,000 damage so far.Ford Canada will not cover it as they said I hit something. I said YES the ditch ,look at the truck! Insurance is involved now , but just seeing if this has happened before. Ford said they have never seen this before so it can't be possible. Truck has been sitting on dealers lot for 6 weeks now as ford says it is hard finding acomplete axle?? Truck is a year old I guess they used up all their spare parts.Police report supports my claim as to what happened. Been a real joke so far,truck should be fixed in about 4 more weeks

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Sounds like a PITA, worst case it's $500 to insurance though (but not having the truck).

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well I dont understand why its hard to get an axle...I just did one on a 2011 like 2 days ago. Do you have to do the whole housing? Im guessing you do with that bill, Ive personally never seen an axle just snap in half unless its been in an accident, not calling you a liar just stating that i can understand Ford's point of view. Anyways best of luck with all of it.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Well I dont understand why its hard to get an axle...I just did one on a 2011 like 2 days ago. Do you have to do the whole housing? Im guessing you do with that bill, Ive personally never seen an axle just snap in half unless its been in an accident, not calling you a liar just stating that i can understand Ford's point of view. Anyways best of luck with all of it.
You haven't been around Jeeps much then.

·
Registered
369 Posts
You haven't been around Jeeps much then.
Funny you say that. On the drive home from South Carolina, Sunday evening while I was passing a jeep on the interstate it's wheel, hub, and part of the axle ended up in my lane.

No one was hurt, fortunately, the driver of the jeep kept it under control and got off to the side of the road (I was impressed considering he was pretty close to my speed and I had the cruise at 82) I some how avoided being hit with anything, minus sparks. My wife, sister in law, and brother in law screamed and freaked out like you wouldn't believe. I'm just glad they were not driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts