F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about brush guards? I've never been a huge fan of them and noticed I don't see many pictures where you guys have them. I prefer a clean front end. In fact I don't even like stickers on my truck...including the FX4 stickers. I just think too many accessories start making trucks look cheap. Brush guards look ok on some trucks but I've never owned one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398133967.275456.jpg

I was picky about the one I got. I was looking at a Westin HDX, but found this one made by Arc Rite out of Del Rio, TX. I am very happy with its sturdy build. The fit and finish is top notch.

Edit: please don't mind the messy wiring! I'm still rearranging and setting them up.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
That one looks good man!
Thanks! Some of them can add to the look. Others, like you said, look out of place and in no way compliment the truck.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
It's funny that I'm the same way about stickers and other cheesy looking things on my vehicles...but I have a light bar on the front of my truck. I also have bushwacker flares, which I'm not in love with, but my wheels stick out too far for my liking without them. There are guys here that would call those mods cheesy.

There are tons of great looking trucks on this forum. A lot of guys with levels or lifts and 33" or 35" tires. And quite a few of them look very very similar.

I know a lot of them wouldn't do the same mods that I've done... Which is the point for me...where's the fun in buying a paint matched FX4 and doing the exact same appearance mods as every other guy? Looks nice, yes. Different, not so much. Not many of them IMHO. Anyway, variety is the spice of life. I've seen tons of mods and accessories that I personally wouldn't do, and I know a lot of guys here would say the same of mine.

Go for the look that you picture in your head for your truck. Your opinion is the one that matters....it's your truck, and your money!

Transmitted by thumbs via iPhone. Chance of errors, 90%.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
View attachment 11961

I was picky about the one I got. I was looking at a Westin HDX, but found this one made by Arc Rite out of Del Rio, TX. I am very happy with its sturdy build. The fit and finish is top notch.

Edit: please don't mind the messy wiring! I'm still rearranging and setting them up.

Does this one hinge to get out of the way of the grille when popping the hood?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Doesn't need to. It's got about an inch of clearance.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398196227.746025.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts