Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!!!
I spoke with the folks at SSAutochromeabout coming up with an intercooler for our trucks. Many are familiar with them,they have been in the car performance scene for years. As you most-likelyalready know, aftermarket intercoolers for our truck cost anywhere from $850 towell over a thousand, this is crazy to me because aftermarket coolers for carsstart at around $200 and go up.
I’ve asked them about one for theoem location and one to bring it up behind the grill to open up the bumper holefor winches, lights or even a center license plate.
This is the reply I received fromthem:
HEY
which one is more preferred ?
we can do that for sure
is the full race one desired more thanthe stock oem style ?
we can do it and you can go on the forums anddo a group buy
THANKS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
http://www.ssautochrome.com/
http://www.xs-power.com/

So place your vote!! And let meknow if you would be interested in doing a group buy, also give any opinions onchanges that could be made over the others offered to make this one a littlebetter. Would like to get a price close to half of what the others are.
I am also on f150forum and will be making a post there as well.

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Would be interesting to see one under $600. The expense will be likely in the dual inlets. And there needs to be testing to back the product up as in flow and cooling numbers which adds to costs.

Reactions: JPaint

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Exactly! The ones currently offered are the same price as top name brand full front mount intercooler kits w/ piping and all for subarus, nissans, ect.
I can see about getting my hands on a reader to find temps before and after. My experience with turbo'ed cars, I know that the new one will with stand a lot more abuse(rocks and so on) and the larger area will provide cooler air and better heat transfer. Here is an article about tube and fin (like our oem) vs bar and plate (like these intercoolers will be). http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0304_turp_intercooler/

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Are they a forum vendor?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not yet at least, they specialize in turbo cars, I'm working on getting them into the turbo'ed trucks, hopefully with the help of other eco owners!

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
While I have nothing against the company and any disagreements about the product, our vendors here support the forum. The vendors who opt to support are the ones who should receive advertising space on this forum. If the aforementioned company would like to speak to someone regarding vendor benefits, an admin of this forum would be glad to point them in the right direction!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.