F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for a bug/hood deflector for my truck. Anyone have any pics of theirs? Only ones I've seen stand way up tall and I'm not a big fan of that style. Any suggestions are helpful too.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387742274.206458.jpg

AVS Aeroskin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
The top piece sits back on the hood pretty good. It ain't tall if I remember I will snap a pic of mine before I go celebrate my 2nd Christmas this week. Today was @ my moms. Tomorrow is in laws. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387780627.747899.jpg

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Now that LOOKS like a deflector, the top one will do nothing to deflect bugs. More of a hood protector then a bug deflector.
Whatever you decide to go with remember to be a bug deflector it must stick up and have a lip to deflect the air up and create turbulence the pushes the bugs over the windshield.
Also notice how the orange truck sticks out further, protecting more of the top area off the fenders.

Ya I just went to the web site for the Aeroskin, it's just a hood protector.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hey now...it's got a little lip that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: outlaw25

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Looks like a dirty mustache on a nice truck.

Reactions: Tuffmag

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
He's right, that would look so much better color matched. Both types.
Question: How tight does it fit? I'd be concerned about dirt getting behind and scuffing up the paint.
Kind of like those bra's did back when they were popular. They used to sand down the paint as debris got behind them.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
He's right, that would look so much better color matched. Both types.
Question: How tight does it fit? I'd be concerned about dirt getting behind and scuffing up the paint.
Kind of like those bra's did back when they were popular. They used to sand down the paint as debris got behind them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what I've seen online the one like 2canches showed a pic of has enough room behind it to get behind n wash.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have clear bra on my truck

·
Registered
156 Posts
The top piece sits back on the hood pretty good. It ain't tall if I remember I will snap a pic of mine before I go celebrate my 2nd Christmas this week. Today was @ my moms. Tomorrow is in laws. View attachment 5489
I had this same bug shield as this one on my 09 Lariat and did not put one on my 13 Platinum because I personally did not see a difference in the air flow from having the shield to not having it. It does protect the very top of the hood but as far as sending bugs over the windshield it was such a minimal difference I decided to leave it off.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Here's live & in color. Mine. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387845852.266332.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387845864.862038.jpg & from the drivers view ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387845883.072365.jpg

HOWEVER !!!!!

Upon installing mine. It has a built in speed trap. When I reach a nice cruising altitude of 100km/hr.

It whistles ;(

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
I'm curious as to how noisy these are/cut down on fuel compared to a clear bra. My buddy has the clear bra on his truck and has pretty much the whole front end, quarter way up on the hood, front corner of fenders, and top caps of mirrors done. Cost him around $200. I think that would be a better option for rock chips as I could care less about bug splatter on windshield.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I have heard other ppl saying they hear whistling at high speeds with their bug guards but I've had my truck up to 80 and haven't heard any noise and it may sound crazy but so far on this tank of fuel (bout half tank so far) since the addition of the bug guard n light bar my gas mileage seems to have gone up.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
100 kilometres per hour I hate my life.

Sent from my white iPad3 in a RED smart case using an app called Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts