F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very fortunate to get my F-150 through a cousin who worked for Ford for nearly 40 years. At one point he was one of the plant managers overseeing production of the Taurus and Sable. He once gave me and my brother a walking tour of the assemble line which was fascinating. Ol' Henry got it right and Ford has improved on his genius. Here's how your Ecobeast is built at the Dearborn Truck Plant. See the 12.10 mark for the engine details. Enjoy!

Engine Assemble at the Cleveland Engine Plant:

2013 Build at the Dearborn Truck Plant:

Reactions: Wayne and STdan

·
Registered
943 Posts
Thank you for sharing! Now, that was interesting to me.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Nice Videos!

SPPD

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Borrowed this from Nasty Wendy but seemed appropriate to add here. Torture test and tear down of an Ecoboost:

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Too bad they didn't let me in to install my aftermarket stereo system from the get go, would be so much easier :) I have a '13 from the Deerborn Plant.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Manufacturing is where prosperity is found. At one time the US maintained 80% of world manufacturing. Today sadly it's a different story, and thus the wealth has left with it. Any chance we have to bring manufacturing back to the US we should be all over it. Mass manufacturing is astounding how complicated and efficient the process is. Truly amazing.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Another example of manufacturing and wealth.

The Boeing 747 98% US made and manufactured here.

The Boeing 787 35% US made with Boeing being considered a "systems integrator" and no longer a manufacturer. Selling intellectual property to foreign countries and manufacturing companies. No final assembly of assembles and systems isn't full flavored manufacturing.

Secret Wounds Of Globalism: Boeing Sells Its Technology -- Cheap -- To Japan - Forbes

The longer version

Boeing Goes To Pieces | Sandcastle Empire

It's truly a privilege to be associated with real American manufacturing, as the entire country benefits, much of the benefit is indirect. Much of this was observed back decades ago, and has provided the prosperous country we have had and are on the verge of losing. If our country was serious about creating jobs it would be doing everything to bring manufacturing back to our country. The service economy though a nice addition isn't a pillar of which to substantiate prosperity for the long term.

Having a considerable amount of truck manufacturing here in the US is great. I for one would like to see more of it come back. More suppliers, raw materials and add in final assembly.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts