1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Man you don’t know how many times I wanted to buy those. I just never pulled the trigger. I think it would interfere with my rails for my tonneau.

They make some high quality pieces tho.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man you don’t know how many times I wanted to buy those. I just never pulled the trigger. I think it would interfere with my rails for my tonneau.

They make some high quality pieces tho.
So the company is properly named then lol

My only concern is, since i have the factory spray in bed liner which coats all the mount points and screws, is that gunna get damaged during removal.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
380 Posts
I have looked at these several times, however because I have a Roll-N-Lock cover, they will not work. Which is too bad, the concept is pretty neat.

I have the factory spray in liner as well, which includes spraying over the factory mounts, so I would say it would cause some damage to the liner. Not sure how much, mainly just the footprint of the bracket.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
They claim you can “double duty” the current clamps you use with your tonneau cover. I’m not sure if I would trust that.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The other issue I’m thinking of now is that I have a 6 1/2 foot bed and they’re saying they only know the fitment works in a 5 1/2 foot bed.

I suspect the 6 1/2 foot bed is the same behind the wheel wells but the panels that go in front of the wheel wells might not be the same or will just be small and not really fill that area

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So just an update, I asked their tech support if there would be an issue with the 6.5' bed and they did say the panels would not fit and that they are coming out with a 6.5' bed panel in the future.

I am not sure I need all 4 panels anyways so I may just snag a pair of the rear panels.

Reactions: TangoMike415

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
380 Posts
The double duty thing worries me because in most cases if my cover is closed, which it is nearly all the time, I have items I do not want taken in my bed. The clamps are kind of a joke, I mean they work, and it is secure when the cover is CLOSED but adding weight, like a fire extinguisher, other heavier tools, etc. to the panel puts stress on the clamps...in theory, just by looking at the pictures anyway...

Sigh, too many thieves around these parts! What happened to the honest days!? Hahaha...pipe dream. Welcome to America, huh.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
380 Posts
That is very, very slick.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
380 Posts
I really dig it. I have considered getting a camper top, since my kids call me "old man" so why not...then it would not matter!

Seriously though, classy.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you ever used the hi-lift? Where would you jack from on the truck?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Have you ever used the hi-lift? Where would you jack from on the truck?
only place I can really think of would be the hitch. I used to use those jacks all the time with our jeeps but there was lots of places on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
380 Posts
Agreed, unless you have heavy gauge aftermarket bumpers, there is not a whole lot of options on these trucks for the hi-lift anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I have never used it on my truck, other than to test jack points, lol. I can easily use it in several spots on my rear bumper. Other than that, I’ve tested jacking using my “D-rings” up front and on the wheels with the hi-lift adapter with the wheel straps. I think the hi-lift is far from “needed”, however It has come in very handy levelling the back deck of the house

I just always had in my head, that it’s a extra tool that could come in handy when out in the middle of nowhere. Being able to lift a tire to fill under it or use as a secondary winch gives me enough reason to lug it around.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have never used it on my truck, other than to test jack points, lol. I can easily use it in several spots on my rear bumper. Other than that, I’ve tested jacking using my “D-rings” up front and on the wheels with the hi-lift adapter with the wheel straps. I think the hi-lift is far from “needed”, however It has come in very handy levelling the back deck of the house

I just always had in my head, that it’s a extra tool that could come in handy when out in the middle of nowhere. Being able to lift a tire to fill under it or use as a secondary winch gives me enough reason to lug it around.

Lol, i installed my deck using an engine lift:

·
Registered
5,973 Posts

Those are the exact reason I've held onto the couple that I’ve had for years

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
380 Posts
Hilarious! But very true. I THINK I actually used my hi-lift ONCE while on a trail (not in an F150) but have use it for many, many other tasks that were not related to vehicles at all!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts