F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some opinions. Do you think a bull bar would deflect too much air from the intercooler? They have holes air would pass through just don't know if it would be enough air.

·
Registered
565 Posts
i just ordered one for my truck i can post pictures of how it looks when it is here and installed. the one i bought i looked on google to see if it was going to block the intercooler opening it looked like it wouldnt effect it but it is probably different for each brand.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Some dealerships would say it blocks air too much, some would be okay with it. I've seen instances where the dealership said anythingin the front gap would void induction warranty.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Has anyone ever heard of an object going through the opening and hitting the inter-cooler?
One of the first things I ordered was the grill but I have always wondered if it has happened.

·
Registered
7,400 Posts
The inter cooler is no different then a rad. Anything hitting it will just bend the fins.

It would take quite a huge something coming through the opening to do damage.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Need some opinions. Do you think a bull bar would deflect too much air from the intercooler? They have holes air would pass through just don't know if it would be enough air.
No longer an issue on the 13-14YM.... but on the '11-12 Ford was having a significant amount of condensation related problems. That's where the "you can't put anything in front of the bumper opening on an EcoBoost" mantra came from.....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for the update. I have been thinking about getting one for now. The wife would not be happy if I went out and grabbed an ADD like I want to do.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I remember seeing a Bane-esque bull bar. Where did that come from?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts