F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a bull bar for my 2015 f150 ecoboost. I have read not to put certain bull bars on EcoBoost engines because of blocking intercooler. The bull bar I purchased has the cut outs in the front. 50% of the people say it's ok and the other 50% say no. I don't want to cause any issues to my truck. The bottom bar runs across dead center of front licence plate opening.
I have 2 questions.
1- Do you see this bull bar being a issue?
2- What should I keep a eye on. ( Transmission temp ?)
20180606_090128.jpg

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
It's an eyesore but other than that it's fine.

The 11-14s are more the issue.

Ford moved the license plate back to the middle for 2015.

Reactions: GearHead_1

·
Premium Member
4,079 Posts
The CAC on the 15+ models was moved up a little bit higher (vs the 2011-14) so you won't be negatively affecting the amount of airflow.
You will be good-2-go with that purchase. ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I put it on because it was free. I still haven't got attached to it yet. I hate not having my two hooks on the front of truck. Time will tell if I leave on truck or put tow hooks back on.

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
I understand the naysayers.
Thankfully Jerry at Tifosi just used the kind term "truck jewelry" when he referred to my bull bar. (he's such a gent about it lol)

However, I was raised in the diesel world and a truck is NAKED from the manufacturer until they hung Ranch Hand "jewelry" on both ends and on top. (headache rack) So since I've switched to 1/2 tons for a few years I compromise and just protect the front. I can't stop myself and it takes a little of the "city" out of the truck.

So you got one ally here!

(hate to see ya lose your tow hooks though)

Reactions: Mr B

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
A bull bar wouldn't protect a racoon from bending it...

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
Actually I have a place I park often with a brush line. I need to get it as far into the hole as possible so the rear doesn't get clipped by the tractor, 4 wheeler, or other cars that want to pass by.
The bull bar softly rustles the brush so I can see from the windshield I am "touching"

Also, this bull bar has 4 points of connection. It would sustain a minor hit and give up it's life to protect the front of the truck. I'll admit it's more jewelry than crash protection, but it serves a purpose in the woods.

·
Registered
2020 Ford F-150
7 Posts
I understand the naysayers.
Thankfully Jerry at Tifosi just used the kind term "truck jewelry" when he referred to my bull bar. (he's such a gent about it lol)

However, I was raised in the diesel world and a truck is NAKED from the manufacturer until they hung Ranch Hand "jewelry" on both ends and on top. (headache rack) So since I've switched to 1/2 tons for a few years I compromise and just protect the front. I can't stop myself and it takes a little of the "city" out of the truck.

So you got one ally here!

(hate to see ya lose your tow hooks though)

For more information about bull bar please visit the website here https://jeepequipment.com/best-bull-bar-for-jeep
Local body shop boy told me bull bars actually cause more damage if ye hit something. He said he's seen many that wouldn't have been so bad if no bull bar. That messes up both sides he said.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
I had an ARB bumper on my Jeep and a few of the guys smoked deer with them and came away unscathed, but that thing was a whole different animal. I think it weighed about 100 lbs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts