F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a bull bar for my 2015 f150 ecoboost. I have read not to put certain bull bars on EcoBoost engines because of blocking intercooler. The bull bar I purchased has the cut outs in the front. 50% of the people say it's ok and the other 50% say no. I don't want to cause any issues to my truck. The bottom bar runs across dead center of front licence plate opening.
I have 2 questions.
1- Do you see this bull bar being a issue?
2- What should I keep a eye on. ( Transmission temp ?)
20180606_090128.jpg

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
It's an eyesore but other than that it's fine.

The 11-14s are more the issue.

Ford moved the license plate back to the middle for 2015.

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
The CAC on the 15+ models was moved up a little bit higher (vs the 2011-14) so you won't be negatively affecting the amount of airflow.
You will be good-2-go with that purchase. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I put it on because it was free. I still haven't got attached to it yet. I hate not having my two hooks on the front of truck. Time will tell if I leave on truck or put tow hooks back on.

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
I understand the naysayers.
Thankfully Jerry at Tifosi just used the kind term "truck jewelry" when he referred to my bull bar. (he's such a gent about it lol)

However, I was raised in the diesel world and a truck is NAKED from the manufacturer until they hung Ranch Hand "jewelry" on both ends and on top. (headache rack) So since I've switched to 1/2 tons for a few years I compromise and just protect the front. I can't stop myself and it takes a little of the "city" out of the truck.

So you got one ally here!

(hate to see ya lose your tow hooks though)

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
A bull bar wouldn't protect a racoon from bending it...

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
Actually I have a place I park often with a brush line. I need to get it as far into the hole as possible so the rear doesn't get clipped by the tractor, 4 wheeler, or other cars that want to pass by.
The bull bar softly rustles the brush so I can see from the windshield I am "touching"

Also, this bull bar has 4 points of connection. It would sustain a minor hit and give up it's life to protect the front of the truck. I'll admit it's more jewelry than crash protection, but it serves a purpose in the woods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts