F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone here running a Bully Dog Tuner on their Eco-Boost? I got mine in 2011 as soon as I got my truck and was pleased with it in the beginning. But now I have done a update and it don't get as good fuel economy towing as it did before the update. It also is slower now with the update, but there is alot more questions it asks when building the tune, so maybe I need to play around with it a little more. Just wondering how others are setting up the tune?

Also if I replace my Bully Dog what tuner do you recommend for best fuel economy while towing. (Not Speed)

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I run Livernois. I have 87, 89, 93 octane performance tunes and an 87 octane towing tune. You can pick any 4 combination of custom tunes when you buy an LMS tune.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently bought the Bully Dog GT tuner for my 2011, I set it up for performance, set the tire size, set it to recognize my CAI and selected performance shift points and kept the stock gearing. It literally would burn the tires everywhere! I am impressed! I reprogrammed it to fuel economy and towing a few days ago and kept everything else the same because I was feeling it in my gas gauge with the performance tune. Now it is slower off the line but i am saving fuel that way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I'm new to the aftermarket upgrades and tuning. I have a 11' EcoBoost Lariat 4x4. Will adding a CAI void my dealer warranty in any way? Is there a preferred CAI between the Airaid or the Bully? If I were going to add this I would definitely be adding the tuner unless there is a warranty conflict. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
there is no warranty conflict with a cai, however if you are going to get a cai definitely get a afe stage2 intake. they are more expensive but you have much bigger hp gains as well as tq gains. You will also hear your turbo much better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is no warranty conflict with a cai, however if you are going to get a cai definitely get a afe stage2 intake. they are more expensive but you have much bigger hp gains as well as tq gains. You will also hear your turbo much better.
I agree. I have the AFE Stage 2 on mine, I love it

·
Registered
127 Posts
I recently bought the Bully Dog GT tuner for my 2011, I set it up for performance, set the tire size, set it to recognize my CAI and selected performance shift points and kept the stock gearing. It literally would burn the tires everywhere! I am impressed! I reprogrammed it to fuel economy and towing a few days ago and kept everything else the same because I was feeling it in my gas gauge with the performance tune. Now it is slower off the line but i am saving fuel that way.
Hey Blue, I have the GT GAS, were in the tuner does it ask for performance parts upgrades like CAI? I also can't find were to change my shift points. thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
Bulldog accepts custom tunes?

2011 lariat crew 5.5 bed Leveled, machined rockstars , grabbers, weather tech mudflaps , sub mod, tailgate assist

·
Supporting Vendor
551 Posts
Bulldog accepts custom tunes?

2011 lariat crew 5.5 bed Leveled, machined rockstars , grabbers, weather tech mudflaps , sub mod, tailgate assist

Bullydog does not accept custom tunes. That is the only downside to Bullydog,Superchips(Very few people tune for them),etc... is that you get little to no support for updates and revisions to the tunes. The beauty of SCT is the amount of support that you can receive from 3rd Party Tuners. That can be a double edged knife as we have all seen, but its a nice option to have. You can buy a tune from us, and go buy tunes from any SCT Dealer you think is best suited for you truck. You are not limited to the manufacturer itself. Especially for those doing aftermarket modifications, Bullydog, Superchips, Etc... have very little aftermarket support if any at all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In fuel economy, what kind of gas mileage are you getting with the tuners on economy? I'm stock and getting like 19.5 doing 75 and probably about 16 running around through town and stuff. Just curious.

·
Registered
680 Posts
My two cents.I have eco13fx4 bullydog tuner and intake. Mbrp exhaust. Have tried all the tunes with it since. Eco mode I avg 700 miles per tank.I prefer tow mode with firm shifts. I was sceptical about tuners before. This combo has made me a believer.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I have a 36 gallon tank
Depends on the truck, could have 36 or 26

Certified Internet Warrior. I once ctrl alt del'd a man to death.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My two cents.I have eco13fx4 bullydog tuner and intake. Mbrp exhaust. Have tried all the tunes with it since. Eco mode I avg 700 miles per tank.I prefer tow mode with firm shifts. I was sceptical about tuners before. This combo has made me a believer.

Are you averaging 700 miles or kilometers?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Are you averaging 700 miles or kilometers?
700 miles per tank is approximately 19 Miles/US Gallon. I get close to that on mountainous highway driving, and Manitoba is flat.

·
Registered
680 Posts
My avg yes. My best so far is 23mpg if I keep foot out of it! Trip to Toronto was getting 10 L per 100km.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Damn, you're getting 10L/100km? holy... I just got my 2012 lariat, screw, fully loaded, and I can't get any better than 15L/100km on the highway... i get 17 in the city...

I am not impressed with the mileage I am getting... was looking for a tuner... and saw you are using the bullydog, is it worth it? does the CAI make any difference in better fuel economy?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yeah im happy with it. Has some nice features. Just canned tunes mind you.. :beer:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
19 Participants
Neolise
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing