F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the bumber grille on my 2011 Eco boost F150, took about 15 min. the grill I ordered from amazon (around 41 bucks) very easy to put on. I didn't use the hardware that came with the grille, there were two #8 screws and two spring nut clips. I found it was going to be quite hard to get a stubbby phillips down in there to tighten those screws. I drilled out the mounting holes to accept 1/4 X 3/4 Hex head bolts with hex nuts & flat washers. pretty easy to tighten with a 1/4" drive ratchet (7/16 Socket & 7/16 open end wrench.) Well pleased with the look, gives the front bumper a finished look.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm wondering about the need for a grille. Personally, I like the looks of it being open better. Wouldn't a grille reduce the air flow and possibly cause overheating? I'm just asking because I don't know.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm wondering about the need for a grille. Personally, I like the looks of it being open better. Wouldn't a grille reduce the air flow and possibly cause overheating? I'm just asking because I don't know.

I kind had the same thoughts as to the reduction of air flow, but I wanted the protection of a grill. So I ordered one off of Amazon, cut out and removed two of the cross bars and painted the grill a satin black to match the factory grill look.

Here is the altered grill.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I have no issues with airflow using the BoostBars. I was convinced I needed something in that hole when I wenton a 1200 mile drive and the CAC was ccovered in dead bugs, a plastic bag, and all kinds of road debris. I figured it is only a matter of time before a rock or nail finds its way in there and I will be replacing a CAC.

SPPD

·
Registered
75 Posts
I added the same grill myself. I think it really adds to the appearance of the truck. Can't imagine that it would restrict air flow that much.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the same one and so far in the 100 deg heat, city driving w/ac on I have not had any issues with the temp, I think the slight decrease in air movement is worth the peace of mind that it brings from road junk hitting the cooler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
mamaxwell
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing