F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was notified that I should do a build thread for my 1000's of questions. So Here we gooooooo!

Truck is a 2012 Screw FX4 with currently 120k on the odometer. Motor/trans was replaced at 55k under warranty. I had to rebuild the complete rear axle at 115k (new bearings, ring, pinion, e locker). New Front Brake pads/rotors at 100k, new rear brake pads at 115k.

I tow a 9500-10000k TT Camper all over with it, I also have a 24' V Nose Race trailer I tow all over with it. The truck has been in a few truck pulls and is a regular stop light racer. It hauls my family, groceries, and the mail when the skinny pedal is pushed.

Current Mod List.

Performance
BK Tunes
170 T-stat
CPE Inter cooler
MBRP DP (catless)
AFE Intake
CRP Manifolds
SPD Turbo Adapters

Appearance/Utility
Raptor 17 Rims- 35" Tires
Raptor Running Boards
Bilstien 5100 Shocks
ORB Fogs
LED Bulbs in all other housings
LED Light Bar/ LED cubes
Firestone 5500 Ride Right Bags
Speed Hut Boost Gauge
Boost Bars

Mods waiting to be installed.
Borge Warner GT Turbos
AFE Boost Tube
BBK Throttle body

Next Mods
HPFP - more Tunes
Probably a Catch Can once I better understand the flow paths.

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Truck Pull

Reactions: BRoell

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
why was the egnine and transmission replaced? I know the axle was because your broke it wheel hop in tractor pull

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spit a rod at 55k, did it so violently that it messed up the transmission as well.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I personally think it was hydro lock, it was a hot day and i didnt have the pee hole in the Cac then. It was right when i stood on it getting on a interstate, actually on my way to the hospital for an emergency.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
That Astro van in the 3rd picture is dope.

Nice truck btw. You did buy the BBK TB?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
191 Posts
Any idea on what turbo blankets would fit the GT turbos?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no but thats a good idea, i would probably buy a set if someone knew

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
So why did they delete the mounting tab on the turbo? Seemed like a good idea to have them, and it would help take stress off the manifolds.

Reactions: BRoell

·
Registered
283 Posts
Nice setup. How do you like the raptor takeoffs. I have been searching forever for a set because I want them badly. Did you have any rub with them or trimming needed. My research tells me no with 2” level. Big mpg hit? Looking like 12lbs more a wheel/tire increase over my current setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice setup. How do you like the raptor takeoffs. I have been searching forever for a set because I want them badly. Did you have any rub with them or trimming needed. My research tells me no with 2” level. Big mpg hit? Looking like 12lbs more a wheel/tire increase over my current setup.

Actually MPG is the same or slightly better than my 20's with 6 ply 33" tires. They are a lot lighter than the 20's. And with the extra side wall, it rides SOOOO much better. They only rub on my lower valance when backing and turning 1 direction, i think actually my bumper is pushed slightly back on that side, so i may just need to tweak it a bit, they fit with room to spare is the moral of the story.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Actually MPG is the same or slightly better than my 20's with 6 ply 33" tires. They are a lot lighter than the 20's. And with the extra side wall, it rides SOOOO much better. They only rub on my lower valance when backing and turning 1 direction, i think actually my bumper is pushed slightly back on that side, so i may just need to tweak it a bit, they fit with room to spare is the moral of the story.
Awesome. Thanks!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anybody know of any HPFP black Friday deals. Might as well break the bank

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like 10% off is the going rate. So the next question is what pump to get 35 or 60. I see there's an Evo pump now that's in between.

Anythoughts or recommendations from experience. I'm not sure what the limitations on each really are for power on gas and how far you can go on ethanol

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ended up buying a XDI Evo pump. So in the middle. Well see what kind of power I can put down.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not sure I can. Pm me though

1 - 20 of 34 Posts