F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well the GT's are installed, no leaks. Its really not to terrible of a job. Worst part is dealing with the downpipes IMHO. Still waiting for my XDI pump to arrive.
I haven't put my foot into the GT's yet. I have a crap tank of fuel. BK will be checking over my data logs to make sure all is right with the world prior to me unleashing hell with them. haha.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Is there any convenient place to break the factory Low Pressure line to drain the fuel tank? Using the in tank pump obviously.

·
Registered
590 Posts
no but thats a good idea, i would probably buy a set if someone knew

I recall discussions about these and I believe a member was in contact with the mfg about gen1 fitment, but I don't recall the final outcome

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So i have been fighting false knock in cylinder #1. BK put my truck in individual knock and we are seeing #1 cylinder act up. The other cylinders are acting great, little to no knock. #1 might be at -6 knock, and the others are at 0 or slightly positive with an OAR of -.96. It is worse at slight throttle tip in. I swapped cylinder #1 and #2 spark plugs and coils to rule that out, and the knock stayed in cylinder #1. Here are some of the borescope picks i took of #1 this weekend. Not the greatest pics, but i dont see any thing wrong in here.

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So I ordered a better camera, and I'm going to inspect a few other cylinders to see what I can see. Compare and determine if i have had any "detonation" damage. Hopefully the fuzzy part of the pictures is just that. I'm also thinking I may run some BD44K fuel cleaner through the system. I'm starting to wonder if maybe my injector itself in #1 has an issue? Could that be causing a lean cylinder and knock?

Replacing Injectors does not look like much fun. And I do really hate draining the coolant in this truck. Well see.

Reactions: BRoell

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
I would say that the injector is a possibility. But isn’t number 1 right by the vacuum pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
i think the vacuum pump is up in the left front fender.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yea i was gathering that from some videos, looks worse than putting turbos on it. Going to run some cleaner, and borescope some other cylinders. Not sure what else to do after that. If the better pictures turn out to be no detonation damage in the #1 cylinder, or all the cylinders look the same, i will probably just ignore #1 cylinder and chock it up to false knock. If #1 does have some outlier, i will probably change at least #1 injector.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
It was mostly. But also at cruise at 60 mph. As you leaned on the throttle it got better.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts