F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had mine painted to match the paint. Installing on my 2013 fx4 tomorrow (excited). I reviewed the instructions and they don't seem to match the job very well. Meaning, instructions appear to be for a different model year and they say "remove factory screws" when there are clips. Anyway... I was wondering if anyone who has tackled this job had any tricks or tips to share. I did a search and didn't find much. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't have any info on installing them but the same style fender flares have been on my wish list for a long time now. If ya don't mind me asking what did they cost u to paint? Did u take them to the factory or to a local shop? Good luck with the install !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have any info on installing them but the same style fender flares have been on my wish list for a long time now. If ya don't mind me asking what did they cost u to paint? Did u take them to the factory or to a local shop? Good luck with the install !!
Thanks. I will post a couple of pics if it comes out well. ;-).
I took them to MAACO, cost me $300. I think it's worth it. IMO looks way better painted.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I just did the same flares on my 2013. It's a pretty easy install if you take your time. My advice is do the rears first as they are simpler (no adapter flange) so you get used to the process. The instructions aren't the best, but I've seen a lot worse on aft err market parts. Take the time to get the rubber strip on really good and snug before you start.

I have done these paint matched before, but on this truck I left them black. Good luck!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Let's see some photos soon!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Looks great. But you spent how much on this nice truck? And you went to Maaco?
That definitely wouldn't be my first choice for having any painting done.
Hope it holds up well, I've never heard a positing thing about them unless it's an old beater.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everything was going great until my nfab nerf bars interfered with the front flares. I had to do a "custom" cut out with the dremel. Overall I am extremely happy, I think the truck looks tough as he'll now.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great. But you spent how much on this nice truck? And you went to Maaco? That definitely wouldn't be my first choice for having any painting done. Hope it holds up well, I've never heard a positing thing about them unless it's an old beater.
I thought the same thing but I don't have a lot of options where I am. The flares cost me $500, doesn't make sense to spend too much on the paint. They did a great job matching, have to see how it holds up.

·
Registered
369 Posts
These are the 1.5'' pocket flares right? You may have said that earlier in the thread but I did not notice. Also, those are the stock FX4 wheels right?

I just ask, as I am trying to decide what flares I want to get. I have a 13' XLT stock wheels and tires currently. I do like the pocket style, but was really concerned with it being too much with the stock wheel.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
if they scratched that easy just from hitting the nerf bars I am scared to see when the ONE rock decides to flare out and hit one. I'm with outlaw25 on this one, if I'm spending that much money on my truck and aftermarket flares...I want them done by a company that doesn't offer a $500 paint job on a vehicle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts