F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I installed a S&B CAI and an Improved Racing Oil thermostat sandwich adapter as well as a setrab oil cooler. Now i have this buzzing/humming noise that is 100% rpm related and I cannot seem to track it down.

I completely removed the CAI and put the stock air box back on. I repositioned the oil cooler lines to make sure they were not contacting something, i even pulled the water pump/alternator belt to rule those out. Nothing.

The sound is almost like what you get from a hydraulic power steering pump when its really cold out. Or when you have some electrical noise from your ignition system causing your stereo to buzz. The pitch changes with rpm.

It also sounds louder to me in the cab, but i can hear it outside as well. I think its just being masked by all of the other sounds the engine makes when i am looking in the engine bay.

It could be totally unrelated to the cai or oil cooler but it just happened to coincide with the installation.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apparently it was the oil cooler or the filter sandwich adapter or something. I think there was some harmonic bullshit going on or something. I totally isolated the oil lines with microfiber towels and stuff to see if the hum went away and it never did.

I pulled the cooler and its gone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts