F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm leaving the neighborhood and sitting at a light in the left turn lane...I hear some crazy loud exhaust off in the distance, but thought it was the car that just went by me on the road I'm getting ready to turn on to. Before the light turns green, I notice a new(er) Mustang behind me...he was the source of the noise...oh, this is going to be fun... :cool:

Light turns green, I pull out into the outside lane, I can hear him revving his motor and grab the inside lane. As soon as he got straight, I laid into mine. (oh yeah, I play dirty!!) I pull an immediate couple of lengths on him. Of course, being a Mustang, he can't stand it!!! I hear him down shift and do his best to catch up. Whatever exhaust he had, it was not "muffling" any sound. I got up over the speed limit fairly quick, so I got out of it, and he went flying by me...my ear is still ringing from it.

The best part, he turns left into the auto parts store parking lot, but he was looking over his shoulder to see what I was driving, and was eye f#$king me as I pulled into the restaurant across the street.

I know he would slaughter me in a straight up 1/4 mile run, but using dirty tricks, I got the best of him, and made him look silly. That was worth going deaf in my left ear. ;)

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Sounds like the guys in this area with their "modified" exhausts. Don't get me wrong I like a V8 rumble but not after working for 12+ hours and trying to grab some sleep!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the guys in this area with their "modified" exhausts. Don't get me wrong I like a V8 rumble but not after working for 12+ hours and trying to grab some sleep!
It sounded great, but was too obnoxious for the street...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Loud does not equal fast. ;)

2013 Lariat CrewCab 4x4 Off-Road ShortBox w/3.73

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Loud does not equal fast. ;)

2013 Lariat CrewCab 4x4 Off-Road ShortBox w/3.73

Absolutely correct, but he was pulling hard when he did the fly by...it was actually pretty impressive.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I called my mustang "all bark no bite." It sounded great but it wasn't impressively fast at all.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called my mustang "all bark no bite." It sounded great but it wasn't impressively fast at all.
This one was a coyote, but I couldn't tell the year model. I think he's dating one of the girls a few houses down from me, because it looked like the one that's been parking on their curb, so I'll try to strike up a conversation with the guy.

·
Registered
565 Posts
This one was a coyote, but I couldn't tell the year model. I think he's dating one of the girls a few houses down from me, because it looked like the one that's been parking on their curb, so I'll try to strike up a conversation with the guy.
this reminds me when i ran into my friend from high school with his brand new to him 2012 mustang and we happened to be going up main street that happens to turn into a high way where the speed limit goes from 35 to 65 and starts to climb pretty impresive grade hill if he had been better at shifting and picked the right gear to down shift to i think he wouldve completely killed me but me being auto i just punched it and i gain some distance until about 70 when he finially got the gears right and flew past me. but I was pretty impressed still i had my truck with 4 people in it full 35 gallon tank of gas and the bed full of stuff and this little mustang with just him self in it lol.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
We all know Scapp doesn't play fair... lol

I can't wait to be back in the states embarrassing all the expensive cars running around Houma.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
TAKE THAT CHILDISH RACING TO THE TRACK was mentioned by an elder wiser friend of ours a while back

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TAKE THAT CHILDISH RACING TO THE TRACK was mentioned by an elder wiser friend of ours a while back
Hey, Jackwagon.
Did you read the story?
It clearly wasn't a race...
:p

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey, Jackwagon.
Did you read the story?
It clearly wasn't a race...
:p
Perhaps some reading is in order.......

Racing on the Highway. The offense of "racing on the highway" is usually defined as driving "any vehicle in any race, speed competition or contest, drag race or acceleration contest, test of physical endurance, exhibition of speed or acceleration, or for the purpose of making a speed record." See Uniform Vehicle Code �11-809(a).
Drag Racing. Either as part of the offense of highway racing or as a separate statutory crime, the offense of "drag racing" is normally defined as "the operation of two or more vehicles from a point side by side at accelerating speed in competitive attempt to outdistance each other, or the operation of one or more vehicles over a common selected course, from the same point to the same point, for the purpose of comparing the relative speeds or power of acceleration of such vehicles or vehicles within a certain distance or time limit." See Uniform Vehicle Code �11-809(b).
Reckless Driving. The criminal offense of "reckless driving" is defined as driving "any vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property." See Uniform Vehicle Code �11-901(a). Note: Speed is not necessarily a factor in this offense.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Nothing wrong with doing a "roll on" on a wide open highway. . .Sheesh

Reactions: Raiderfan1890

·
Registered
158 Posts
My 2013 Shelby GT500 was plenty fast and mostly mild sounding with the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Perhaps some reading is in order....... Racing on the Highway. The offense of "racing on the highway" is usually defined as driving "any vehicle in any race, speed competition or contest, drag race or acceleration contest, test of physical endurance, exhibition of speed or acceleration, or for the purpose of making a speed record." See Uniform Vehicle Code �11-809(a). Drag Racing. Either as part of the offense of highway racing or as a separate statutory crime, the offense of "drag racing" is normally defined as "the operation of two or more vehicles from a point side by side at accelerating speed in competitive attempt to outdistance each other, or the operation of one or more vehicles over a common selected course, from the same point to the same point, for the purpose of comparing the relative speeds or power of acceleration of such vehicles or vehicles within a certain distance or time limit." See Uniform Vehicle Code �11-809(b). Reckless Driving. The criminal offense of "reckless driving" is defined as driving "any vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property." See Uniform Vehicle Code �11-901(a). Note: Speed is not necessarily a factor in this offense.
Haha, maybe you should change your name to 1 SLOWbob, amiright? lol

1 - 20 of 74 Posts