F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
10,535 Posts
I was interested in those tune characteristics too. That adaptability would be very nice, but not having to test my ethanol isn't worth a grand to me. I wish it was a little less I might look into it.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I tune the truck and put anywhere from 87-93 gas without doing anything further and can get 120WHP with 93 gas? Please tell me i'm wrong so I can save $1000.

·
Registered
373 Posts
One of my buddies is running the flex tow and Flex Sport on his 19 Raptor. He said they drive very similar to the SCT canned tunes. They work very very similar to GH,Bcb,5*, etc adaptive tunes. Nothing crazy but there’s definitely power. One complaint is they seem to REALLY lug the truck which is kinda dangerous considering LSPI. They may be doing that for economy but not sure. Luckily they provide revisions so he’s hopeful they can fix that.

I have an ez Lynk from my Super Duty and I may splurge to give them a try on my 18 raptor. But I’m not sure anyone can beat BK:cool:.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Lugging the truck means staying in the same gear and not downshifting when asking for more power( pedal to the floor). Puts the truck in a HIGH load Low Rpm situation. Meaning all the boost and little to no spark. Big area for LSPI.

Instead of downshifting and having the Rpms jump up.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Not exactly the point Srpracing is making, but I'm more and more convinced that the 3.5EB motor has a far more likely healthy life if it is operated as a high performance motor. Which is really just me saying do NOT baby it.

Feed it quality fuel and lots of fresh oil. Get it up to full operating temperature on every drive you take it for. Frequently (weekly at a minimum?) let it streeeettttch..... WOT parameters.....max boost and full wastegate travel.

Personally I hate "normal" mode transmission strategy. Especially with the 10 speed. If you are driving calmly, it's just asking to lug the motor. At least "Sport" mode isn't skipping gears and falling on its face and reluctant to downshift with mild roll on.

Basically, if you choose the 3.5EB over the 2.7 or Coyote, then drive it like you had a reason to choose the BEAST motor over the other choices.

This is all just my opinion. Mostly based on what I've observed for the last few years regarding these trucks. Not because I'm some internal combustion engine expert.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
One of my buddies is running the flex tow and Flex Sport on his 19 Raptor. He said they drive very similar to the SCT canned tunes. They work very very similar to GH,Bcb,5*, etc adaptive tunes. Nothing crazy but there’s definitely power. One complaint is they seem to REALLY lug the truck which is kinda dangerous considering LSPI. They may be doing that for economy but not sure. Luckily they provide revisions so he’s hopeful they can fix that.

I have an ez Lynk from my Super Duty and I may splurge to give them a try on my 18 raptor. But I’m not sure anyone can beat BK:cool:.

Thanks for the feed back, great to know

·
Administrator
10,535 Posts
Not exactly the point Srpracing is making, but I'm more and more convinced that the 3.5EB motor has a far more likely healthy life if it is operated as a high performance motor. Which is really just me saying do NOT baby it.

Feed it quality fuel and lots of fresh oil. Get it up to full operating temperature on every drive you take it for. Frequently (weekly at a minimum?) let it streeeettttch..... WOT parameters.....max boost and full wastegate travel.

Personally I hate "normal" mode transmission strategy. Especially with the 10 speed. If you are driving calmly, it's just asking to lug the motor. At least "Sport" mode isn't skipping gears and falling on its face and reluctant to downshift with mild roll on.

Basically, if you choose the 3.5EB over the 2.7 or Coyote, then drive it like you had a reason to choose the BEAST motor over the other choices.

This is all just my opinion. Mostly based on what I've observed for the last few years regarding these trucks. Not because I'm some internal combustion engine expert.

I drive in sport, primarily. I just think it makes better choices in sport. Even while towing. Yes, there are occasions where it hangs up in a lower gear and it needs to shift, but this is after playing around and going back to behaving. I feel like I just need to understand that I need to give it a minute to figure out that I have decided to settle down. And it does.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts

This makes me want to drive mine in sport mode more. I shouldn’t be averaging 19.5 with 3.55 and max tow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
This makes me want to drive mine in sport mode more. I shouldn’t be averaging 19.5 with 3.55 and max tow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drive mine in Sport mode all the time..... its a beast and much more enjoyable to drive...

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
"Sport" is a ridiculous label to assign a shifting strategy that BEST utilizes the 10-speed ratios.

If they labeled that strategy "Normal" and then changed the current "normal" to "economy", it would make far more sense.

I know I know, they already have a strategy called "eco". But seriously, what's actually so eco about it compared to "Normal"?

I personally unbrainwashed my own mind that Sport doesn't mean Sport just because someone decided that label.

Ask yourself, if they were going to remove all the strategies and give you just ONE, like they did for 100 years, which strategy do you think we would get? I'd bet it would be the one that most utilizes ALL the gear ratios most of the time.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts