F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined and I just bought a 2017 EB 3.5 Lariat. I love this truck but, Wheel spin is out of control. I realize it's me but it seems excessive especially when wet or just damp.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Low end torque+ 2wd+ no weight in the bed+ arguably not great factory tires. That being said thats not really any different from any other truck out there

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
You have the long wheelbase too.
That truck requires some cargo to hookup with all that torque.

Edit: just noticed it's a SuperCab. But still, empty it'll spool those tires

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Those tires look smaller sidewall than stock.

You have no weight with a pickup and the rear end is open diff. You cannot use e locker around a turn either, so turning onw et road I always lug it in 2nd or 3rd. If you're straight shot, you can pop it in locker, but make sure you shut off after moving. The e locker is very dumb for a average street user. Its only benefit is if you're on rocks or something where a tire is in the air.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My last truck was an f150 Flareside Supercab so I'm pretty use to the way a pickup rides. I was thinking tires myself. Likely to upgrade to something a bit wider. J Winship, Not a lot of room before they break free. I've only had it a few months so I'm sure it'll take some getting use to. Thanks for the responses guys.

'

·
Registered
541 Posts
Your last truck wasn't aluminum (which makes the bed uber-light) and also probably wasn't turbocharged. I can't tell if your truck is 4WD or not... if so, being a Lariat, the 4A setting is wonderful for this.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Not to be a dick, but the weight distribution isnt THAT bad on these things. Mine came out to 56%/44% front/rear. A 2wd would be even better without 250 lbs stuffed into the front end.

Thats better than a WRX lol.

·
Registered
168 Posts
What tires are on that thing? Factory Michelin’s on two of mine hooked pretty well, one set is going strong at 90k miles even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I have a tuned ‘19 with the 6.5ft bed and I don’t have any problems. If I know I’m going at it from the dig 4HI works pretty damn well. Normal driving, I don’t need it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,607 Posts
I'll trade with you. I have been chasing trying to get a little wheelspin on wot since I bought the truck. Haha

We think maybe my torque converter is slipping more than it should.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,607 Posts
That's what most people say. It seems to make as much power as comparable trucks with the same tunes. 0-60 logs are on par with what my tuners are accustomed to, 40-100 is typical, etc. But no brake boost yields no spinning.

The whole reason I STARTED tuning was so that I could get some wheelspin. Lol.

There was a short time where we were getting some from a dig, but then shifting got really weird.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have you tried the wet/snow setting when it’s wet out? Even 2wd have a wet/snow setting. Mines an 18 so not sure when they added that feature. These aluminum trucks like these guys are saying are pretty lite in the rear. Your truck is about 60/40. Some people have noticed they have to use 4x4 in the snow where their old steel truck didn’t need it yet. If you don’t have wet snow setting you could always try the eco setting when it’s wet. That mode definitely seems to tame the beast underneath.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts