F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Stay away from nitto terra grapplers if you want wet traction to improve... they may start out alright but it won’t last. I have had three sets of hankook dynapro atm’s and would get a fourth if they hadn’t changed them up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same prob with my tuned 15 quad cab 4x4. Wasn’t really building it for off road so I put Toyo Proxes 305/50 R20’s on it. They were a huge improvement over the Goodyear all terrains that came on it, especially here in SW FL where it rains all the time. What was really weird is that the traction control hardly ever kicked in with a/t’s, but with the Toyos it kicks in way more.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Had the same prob with my tuned 15 quad cab 4x4. Wasn’t really building it for off road so I put Toyo Proxes 305/50 R20’s on it. They were a huge improvement over the Goodyear all terrains that came on it, especially here in SW FL where it rains all the time. What was really weird is that the traction control hardly ever kicked in with a/t’s, but with the Toyos it kicks in way more.
That is weird! I’ve always wondered why TC is slow to respond in wet weather but is right there when your slipping on gravel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Ahhh, we used to call OP's that spun em (tires) in the rain...."Rain Racers"-lol
Don't be "that guy!"
Use 4x4H and or traction lock.
PS...the wife's concerned why my truck tires not lasting? It's a mystery...
Good news is....next season we're (that be me) going with K02's! Had Yokohamas, Kumo's, & OEM junk (IMO) Wranglers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
4H definitely eliminates all wheel spin, except when I really get on it messing around on wet roads, lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just joined and I just bought a 2017 EB 3.5 Lariat. I love this truck but, Wheel spin is out of control. I realize it's me but it seems excessive especially when wet or just damp. View attachment 163380
Pretty much the same when I have my 2002 Avalanche Z71 in 2-wheel drive mode. Can't hardly take off on wet pavement and while turning....when it's wet, I slip it into AWD on demand. What a difference. No slippage at all and straight as an arrow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Tires... and I’ve had to learn to use the pedal a bit lighter when it’s wet.
When these tires are done I am upgrading both tires and wheels.
I had a 98 with a 5.4 and before that a turbo charged sports car that was heavily modified. just seems that the truck is a little harder to learn. I've only had it three months so there is that. Oh, traction control doesn't seem to do ****.

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
AWD is legit on these trucks in sloppy conditions. I don't know how elaborate or sophisticated the whole thing is designed, but it's a world of difference from anything dad or grandpa ever had in their trucks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
start in 2nd gear. As I said I hate the e locker. You can start in 3rd gear from a stop even. Easier to do that then mess with e locker knob (provided you have center shift knob)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts