F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a used camper shell? If you don't call it a camper shell, im reffering to a truck top, bed top, truck cap... whatever.. You know the thing that goes over the bed of the truck. Everyone has their name in calling it that why i had to say that.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
You can try your local dealers, Do you have a brand (Leer, SnugTop, ARE) in mind?
You can also check Craigslist, someone might have purchased a used truck with one and wants to sell it.

I know I sold the shell off my '01 Ram on Craigslist.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can try your local dealers, Do you have a brand (Leer, SnugTop, ARE) in mind?
You can also check Craigslist, someone might have purchased a used truck with one and wants to sell it.

I know I sold the shell off my '01 Ram on Craigslist.
Honestly I don't have a brand in mind. I just want it covered I got a littering ticket when I was driving down the highway. Leaves was flying out the bed of my pick because I parked underneath tree. :/ A state trooper was riding my tail and said I was littering leaves. Im not gonna cause a scene or an argument its just one of those dumb a$$ situations I cant fight. Until I get a bed cover I keep a broom in the back to sweep out leaves. :/

·
Registered
163 Posts
Honestly I don't have a brand in mind. I just want it covered I got a littering ticket when I was driving down the highway. Leaves was flying out the bed of my pick because I parked underneath tree. :/ A state trooper was riding my tail and said I was littering leaves. Im not gonna cause a scene or an argument its just one of those dumb a$$ situations I cant fight. Until I get a bed cover I keep a broom in the back to sweep out leaves. :/
Why a bed cap? Why not a tonneau cover?

Oh, and that's complete BS what happened to you. I'd be in jail...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I thought about it. Now that im in the market for a cover I believe the cap would be better. I can put my dog in the back instead of being inside my truck.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not a bad idea.

·
Registered
846 Posts

Totally agree....I'd be looking thru bars

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
I managed to pick up a 18mo old Leer XL topper with roof rails and removable front window for $700. Not a bad deal so sidelong I talked to a topper dealer and a very similar topper would run $2500 new! I found it on Craigslist that was a dealer takeoff from their used car dept. It took me just over 2 years to finally get one. If one came up for sale, it was sold fast. There were only 5 that came up for sale in the last 2 years that were 5.5 ft bed. The 6.5 bed toppers were much more common.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
fnjeep314
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing