F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 17 F150 over a year ago and haven’t been able to figure out what this device is. It is mounted under the steering wheel and is spliced into the OBD port. I’m thinking two things: anti-theft (not probable with newer vehicles have factory systems) or auto-start but have no idea how to program. Attaching pictures for any help or advise.

·
Modinstrator
3,179 Posts
Thinking aftermarket anti-theft GPS tracker module. Copied the stock number, found this on eBay. As I have never installed one, could this be a Low-Jack? Now to find out if it works and is of value to you? Sadly, it’s probably tapped into wires that might now become a potential issue.

CAR GPS TRACKER 865100 0402

·
Registered
6,078 Posts

·
Modinstrator
3,179 Posts
aftermarket power running board? IF it is not this, ditch it immediately.
Ummm... okay... I must have posted a bad pic. Now I know how you feel over in the grenade engine thread.;););)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

Looks like it's not just a Ford thing. Some sort of antitheft deal. I'd remove it with extreme prejudice... then, if they installed it with the same fine T-taps mentioned on the link above, you'll have to unfsck all the wiring.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
My work truck has what looks like that. It could be a tracker for a program that my company uses to keep track of us so they can give us calls that are close to you. A human doesn’t drop calls on us. All computer generated. Less wasted time driving. It’s stupid and doesn’t work like intended.
Was your truck a company truck?

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,977 Posts
Creditor keeping tabs ?

·
Administrator
11,227 Posts
It does look very much like the module in my old truck for the aftermarket key fob/alarm.

2016 2.7 4x4 screw

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Might be a GPS tracker for finding the truck in case it gets stolen. These seem to be more popular in Canada. Was your truck a Canadian import?

Reactions: Arkansas Eco
1 - 9 of 9 Posts