F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
It can be done, but they will not do it for you. My buddy who is a Ford FSE just got his tremor and ordered it without Nav but with the screen and was able to flash it with the ford software and update the vehicle systems to make it work, saw it with my own eyes.

However they will not do this for the public, and he did it to prove it COULD be done.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
It can be done, but they will not do it for you. My buddy who is a Ford FSE just got his tremor and ordered it without Nav but with the screen and was able to flash it with the ford software and update the vehicle systems to make it work, saw it with my own eyes.

However they will not do this for the public, and he did it to prove it COULD be done.

That's just evil. Lol

·
Registered
374 Posts
That's just evil. Lol
Yeah I was shocked that it worked also, and disappointed that they will not sell or upgrade to the public. Has something to do with build sheets VIN's and certifying and warranty in vehicles and systems when traded back in for resale. They leave it to consumer to go aftermarket.

His tremor is a company vehicle and it has to be flashed back when turned back in as well.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Yeah I was shocked that it worked also, and disappointed that they will not sell or upgrade to the public. Has something to do with build sheets VIN's and certifying and warranty in vehicles and systems when traded back in for resale. They leave it to consumer to go aftermarket.

His tremor is a company vehicle and it has to be flashed back when turned back in as well.

:-(

That would be a tough one to give back.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

I layed into the service manager saying that I was willing to pay what he called an "obscene" price to upgrade my system, and he still would not do it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts