F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to turn off the backup beeper on my 2012Ecoboost? It is about to drive me crazy. But I sure love my truck, but the beeper needs to go.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Is there anyway to turn off the backup beeper on my 2012Ecoboost? It is about to drive me crazy. But I sure love my truck, but the beeper needs to go.
Press the down button on the steering wheel then press enter.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Why is it beeping?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well coming out of my garage it is sensing my garage doors when I'm backing up. And at 6:30 in the am, just don't need the warning...lol

·
Registered
943 Posts
Well coming out of my garage it is sensing my garage doors when I'm backing up. And at 6:30 in the am, just don't need the warning...lol
Ok, I thought maybe you had a trailer hitch on it or your sensors were blocked by snow.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I hope that works, every time I have a trailer hooked up that stupid thing goes off and drives me NUTS when reversing :)
Luckily the track is opening back up right down the street so no more towing cars 120 miles each way to drag race (tow them just in case they break) :)

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Mine just keep freaking out because of snow and ice.

You can disable them in the driver assist menu under steeings.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
When you put it in reverse, a screen will pop up on your gauge dash. I think it says park assist or park sensors. Just press the up arrow and press ok.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Nothing pops up on my screen..I still have not been able to shut this thing up.
Post a screen shot of the gauge cluster when you have the truck in reverse...you may have a different interface than those of us trying to help.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey, if you have the little computer screen you can shut it off. use the down arrow to go down to "setting" push right arrow, go to "driver assist" right arrow again, then "rear park aid" right arrow again, then down to get to "off" and enter and bingo you're set. It will hold that as your preference and not use the reverse aid unless you go back in and turn it on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If I go to settings like y'all said the only thing that will come up is the sway control on and off.. Maybe I model will not let me cut it off. I fixen to add the trailer brake control and remap from ford.. It may let me do it then

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally figured out how to cut the annoying bipper noise off when I put my truck in reverse..I was backing my trailer up today and the noise was driving me crazy... So following the sound..I found it coming to the left of my ear mounted to the truck..I grabbed it fixing to smash it. And realized all I had to do is switch it off! It was a little speaker with a on off switch on it... Finally!

·
Registered
265 Posts
If you can't turn it off in the message center you could always disconnect the PAM module or even the sensors. The rear park aid sensors can be difficult to disconnect if filled with dirt and crap. You should be able to turn it off the by using the instrument cluster though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Factory ford..I took it to the dealer last week to activate my trailer brake..I installed a oem one from ford. I was hoping when they flashed the PCM that it would let me then go to the settings and cut it off..but my model will not let me so it.. So I cut the speaker off on the bepper..all good now

1 - 20 of 43 Posts