F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I hate to see wwest get banned. I guess the Mods had enough reason, though. There is certainly some conflict of interest in providing an open forum that is vendor supported. I get it. From my point of view, I like to see the experts questioned and hopefully provide useful answers. I do wish the banning/canning took place long after the Ford rep joined the group. At the very least, I hope Ashley can pass on to the engineers that there still seems to be an issue with the (at least a large number) engine.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I like to see questions asked. But harassing and going around in circle adds nothing. The majority of people were happy to see him go

Black Sheep of the Family

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like to see questions asked. But harassing and going around in circle adds nothing. The majority of people were happy to see him go

Yup, I think there were lots of circles on both sides. I never could tell if his agenda was really what he said, or if he just had a bone to pick with the one vendor.

I also think those threads were some of the most read. So, we must all be glutens for punishment:)

Reactions: Raiderfan1890

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Yup, I think there were lots of circles on both sides. I never could tell if his agenda was really what he said, or if he just had a bone to pick with the one vendor.

I also think those threads were some of the most read. So, we must all be glutens for punishment:)
Lol. Good thing you didn't post that on those threads. He would have told you gluten=glutton

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well, I hate to see wwest get banned. I guess the Mods had enough reason, though. There is certainly some conflict of interest in providing an open forum that is vendor supported. I get it. From my point of view, I like to see the experts questioned and hopefully provide useful answers. I do wish the banning/canning took place long after the Ford rep joined the group. At the very least, I hope Ashley can pass on to the engineers that there still seems to be an issue with the (at least a large number) engine.
Who was wwest ?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Anytime you start a thread to drum up support to harass anyone for anything you deserve to be banned.....and I don't run a catch can.

I thought 'lifetime' was a wee bit harsh but....
He's polluted many a Ford forum.
Hope it's an ip ban, as he's been known to create aliases.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
That conversation was tiresome and I don't run a catch can. I haven't encountered any of the "issues" it cures either. Run one if you want I guess. I'll pick up the torch of saying it isn't necessary, but hey, if it gives you peace of mind go for it.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reactions: Raiderfan1890

·
Vendor
1,173 Posts
There should always be room for debate and questions, that is critical. And many on the forums like to reads the technical and engineering side of things. It is just counter productive to insult and attack.

Some times he found some good points (all appeared to be google searched copy and paste) but the threads always deteriorated.

And to clarify, a catchcan with out also fixing the flaw in the EB PCV system wont do alot for overall cures to the issues. You must do both. One thing you will find with me, nothing is offered for sale unless we have proven the benefits are substantial. I have been designing products for 40 years, and many times we will spend a small fortune in the development and testing, only to find minimal benefits even though the theory was sound, and then we will not bring it to market, it is dropped. That's with all our designs. Unless we can demonstrate, with no smoke and mirrors the benefits, we dont bring anything into production. Same with HP claims for products, if we claim 8-12 rwhp average, it is backed up by several independent dyno shops in different parts of the country with different elevations and weather conditions. Never a "Up to XXX HP!!!" like so many. An example, We have tested throttle body spacers for years and see claims of 15-20 hp, yet never in testing have we found any to work and give any measurable gains, so a few years ago with requests from our dealers we set out to try and come up with a design that did give gains as the demand was high. We spent thousands$ and hundreds of hours OF r&d and machining time, and in the end we failed to produce a unit that we could document gains that justified the cost it would sell for, so we dropped it. Yet they are for sale with claims of gains all over.

Thats why in every thread, we go into so much technical detail so that it can be understood, and then show real world actual results by many. There are lots of vendors and product manufacturers on the forums, but how many do you see spend the time we do to explain in such detail, and provide so much supporting documentation? Very rare. Most are just sell,sell,sell.

So we welcome any questions, and debate is good as long as it is civil, and productive. More should question a product so they do understand and all can be proven, and not just a sales pitch.

Oh, and Chuck Norris is superman!!!

Ok, so it's not Chuck, and I'm really not flying, but close! (and no, that was over 30 years ago...I can't do this anymore as an old decrepit fart near 60).

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I couldn't do that at any age. Young fat fart near 24 :)

The boost will set you free

·
Registered
129 Posts
There should always be room for debate and questions, that is critical. And many on the forums like to reads the technical and engineering side of things. It is just counter productive to insult and attack.

Some times he found some good points (all appeared to be google searched copy and paste) but the threads always deteriorated.

And to clarify, a catchcan with out also fixing the flaw in the EB PCV system wont do alot for overall cures to the issues. You must do both. One thing you will find with me, nothing is offered for sale unless we have proven the benefits are substantial. I have been designing products for 40 years, and many times we will spend a small fortune in the development and testing, only to find minimal benefits even though the theory was sound, and then we will not bring it to market, it is dropped. That's with all our designs. Unless we can demonstrate, with no smoke and mirrors the benefits, we dont bring anything into production. Same with HP claims for products, if we claim 8-12 rwhp average, it is backed up by several independent dyno shops in different parts of the country with different elevations and weather conditions. Never a "Up to XXX HP!!!" like so many. An example, We have tested throttle body spacers for years and see claims of 15-20 hp, yet never in testing have we found any to work and give any measurable gains, so a few years ago with requests from our dealers we set out to try and come up with a design that did give gains as the demand was high. We spent thousands$ and hundreds of hours OF r&d and machining time, and in the end we failed to produce a unit that we could document gains that justified the cost it would sell for, so we dropped it. Yet they are for sale with claims of gains all over.

Thats why in every thread, we go into so much technical detail so that it can be understood, and then show real world actual results by many. There are lots of vendors and product manufacturers on the forums, but how many do you see spend the time we do to explain in such detail, and provide so much supporting documentation? Very rare. Most are just sell,sell,sell.

So we welcome any questions, and debate is good as long as it is civil, and productive. More should question a product so they do understand and all can be proven, and not just a sales pitch.

Oh, and Chuck Norris is superman!!!

Ok, so it's not Chuck, and I'm really not flying, but close! (and no, that was over 30 years ago...I can't do this anymore as an old decrepit fart near 60).
Are we sure this isn't a photo of Patrick Swayze???..........

·
Vendor
1,173 Posts
LOL!! Patrick was a real blackbelt and was talented. Most think him or Chuck. This was in mid-late 70's. I never competed Nationally, but for about 5 years did on the State level. We called it "full contact karate" then. MMA guys would kick our butts today! We had rules. Used to be that and building race engines, etc. back then until met wife. Then she distracted me.....33 years later she still does!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just having some fun. I was always too "Big boned" to jump around like that. I think I would have blown out some knees..........

·
Vendor
1,173 Posts
Loved them both in that movie....just want Sam to live in the end as well.

Both knees are now total replacements, and right one failed and was redone again 2 years ago. So I'm a pretty ugly scar'd up old fart. Knucles are still grown into one with the tissue on top from all the years of knuckle pushups on concrete and punching concrete for the demos shows.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Concrete punching.....well sir, I don't think I will be arguing with you about anything you say on here!

2013 FX4 Ecoboost, Sterling Gray, 3.55 gears, Rhino Liner, Bed Extender, stock everything else....for now....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts