F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the oil filter on my 2013 ecobooost?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
For reals?

·
Registered
868 Posts
on the front right hand side up under the skid plate cover
if you look back under the bumper you will see a small access cover to be removed

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ya if you look at the left front side there will be a rubber kinda of skid plate, you will notice 4 different kind of push pins, rotate them 90 degrees and they will come out. They are white in color lol. You dont have to remove the skid plates to get at the filter but if you make a mess then you will want to clean them off. You will have to remove the skid plates in order to drain the engine oil though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Don't worry dude. I'm pretty handy and have never paid anyone to do my oil before. I even climbed under this bad boy today I had to YouTube the how to. Lol.

At Canadian tire they had 5L castrol edge syntec for $33 with a free Fram ultra synthetic filter today. An extra 1L was 11.50.

So for $52 bucks I can do it on my own. I only change oil every 8-10,000 KM. Filters claim good for 15,000 Miles or 24,000 Km.

Let the bashing on the 10K oil change start!

·
Registered
265 Posts
See Ive done lots of work with the 5.4Ls and ever since those motors, Ill be doing my oil changes with filter every 5000KM, Ford recommends 8000KM with the EB but after those 5.4Ls Im all sketched out lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had good luck with the two 5.4s and three 4.6s I owned. I have seen quite a few ppl have issues with phasers or plugs but there are select years for the issues. I havent heard anything bad about the mechanical aspect of the ECO as far as oil change intervals and breaking parts

·
Registered
8 Posts
On a different topic I got my first oil change yesterday and I drove home and then just came outside and my heat shield is hangin on by one clip. Do I just leave it down drive to valvoline and freak out?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
On a different topic I got my first oil change yesterday and I drove home and then just came outside and my heat shield is hangin on by one clip. Do I just leave it down drive to valvoline and freak out?
Crawl under and clip it back on, so easy. Also why I don't take my truck to fast oil change places.

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
The heat shield is a POS toss that **** out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts