F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Moderstrator
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed (plugged in) this CarlinKit wireless CarPlay device today. I now have CarPlay wirelessly meaning no cable from my iPhone to the center compartment. That’s pretty much all. I guess there is sound quality loss on Bluetooth vs cable, but my ears can’t tell.
Install was simple - plug it in, connect the iPhone via Bluetooth and there on the screen is Apple CarPlay!
I haven’t been using CarPlay but do miss having traffic on the Sync maps, so this will be my traffic solution; primarily for trips where I need guidance and want to avoid traffic (Austin and Houston)!

Vehicle Gps navigation device Automotive navigation system Mode of transport Automotive design

Automotive design Plant Satellite radio Car Radio

Vehicle Radio Automotive design Satellite radio Car

Gadget Communication Device Audio equipment Telephony Multimedia

Font Material property Paper Paper product Document

Communication Device Portable communications device Grey Gadget Rectangle

Reactions: FanaticalKilla

·
Moderstrator
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
17 Lariat SCLB Max Tow 4x4
970 Posts
Nice playlist! I think that goes in the babysitting tips thread! Looks like a good kit!

• Haha
Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Moderstrator
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, this Carlinkit U2W Plus with CarPlay works great - just like it should. Easily connects to my iPhone when I get in and I have CarPlay on the center screen up and running. I just don't like CarPlay - last night I found that the Google Maps app on CarPlay does not show traffic, so the one slight reason for me to keep using this device is gone.
I have removed it from my truck and will go back to using a cable in the rare situation i decide to try CarPlay gain.
But the Carlinkit U2W Plus with CarPlay works great - just like it should - I just don't want to use CarPlay.

Experiment over.

·
Moderstrator
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
@Boatwaco How laggy was this? Some people complain there’s some lag. Amazon has the same one up for $82 CDN shipped. Tempted to try it out.

·
Moderstrator
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn’t really use it enough to notice any lag. If you buy it on Amazon, check that it’s a gift. If you don’t like it it’s easier to return!

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
Ordered, gonna try it out. Worse comes to worse I’ll send it back.

Reactions: Boatwaco
1 - 11 of 11 Posts