• Haha
Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Registered
2020, F-150 Ecoboost. XTR.
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I live smack in the heart of what ALL can and will be done to a truck. 🤣
Even in my small town there's not much you could do that would draw a second glance.

I love the culture that loves their trucks.
See, that’s part of the fun though! If you’ve got something that’s just a tiny bit different - that’ll catch SOMEONE’S attention - maybe not everyone!! I critique a lot of F-150’s in my day!! Just curious about the subtle things guys will do to their rigs to make it theirs!

·
Premium Member
2017 F150 XL 2WD 2.7, with some extra stuff!
1,733 Posts
My town is not much different from SE Texas Coast, farming, construction, factory work, far as trucks and mods go. Being a sneaky old fart I wanted to blend in and disappear. Had enough vehicles that drew attention when I was younger. It takes a few looks to figure what I have done to my F150 but enthusiast look, scratch their head, and start to grin and ask questions. The jaw drops leaving Hemi Rams at the stoplights is worth every penny! And it's a hoot on twisty roads. KM

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
My town is not much different from SE Texas Coast, farming, construction, factory work, far as trucks and mods go. Being a sneaky old fart I wanted to blend in and disappear. Had enough vehicles that drew attention when I was younger. It takes a few looks to figure what I have done to my F150 but enthusiast look, scratch their head, and start to grin and ask questions. The jaw drops leaving Hemi Rams at the stoplights is worth every penny! And it's a hoot on twisty roads. KM
I’m….. I’m listening.. Do tell!

I’m the guy at work, that has to be in the same parking spot every day. I park beside the painter (who treats his Ram in similar fashion…), but it’s a matter of pride that my truck is spotless, and I sort of enjoy when passengers (girlfriend and child excluded of course - cause they love to antagonize..), are timid to touch the windows, or have their feet off the floor mats.

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
14,034 Posts
My best friend in the whole world knows two things about going anywhere with me.

Pawpaw parks far away and we walk.
Pawpaw always let's me go in with him, never makes me stay in the car.

My truck isn't always as clean as it looks, (white paint lies) but I like to keep it nice inside and out.
I WILL use it as a truck, of course, but I'll pull a utility trailer to Home Depot before I'll beat the bed up with bricks. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
My best friend in the whole world knows two things about going anywhere with me.

Pawpaw parks far away and we walk.
Pawpaw always let's me go in with him, never makes me stay in the car.

My truck isn't always as clean as it looks, (white paint lies) but I like to keep it nice inside and out.
I WILL use it as a truck, of course, but I'll pull a utility trailer to Home Depot before I'll beat the bed up with bricks. :)
You’re speaking my language!!! Between my girlfriend’s dog (who would sit between us at all times, if she could, the kiddo - and the cargo that comes with her lifestyle, and of course, my lovely better half - we gotta work to keep it clean (which, is truly part of the therapy if you ask me…), and likewise, grin and bear it when the ladies leave their little “I was here” marks.

I do my best to park far away, but I don’t always get a say in the parking spot choices! ;)

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I’m….. I’m listening.. Do tell!

I’m the guy at work, that has to be in the same parking spot every day. I park beside the painter (who treats his Ram in similar fashion…), but it’s a matter of pride that my truck is spotless, and I sort of enjoy when passengers (girlfriend and child excluded of course - cause they love to antagonize..), are timid to touch the windows, or have their feet off the floor mats.
I did the same thing. Parked in the same spot at work for many years. I was always like the second guy to get in the secure parking lot so it wasn’t difficult getting the same spot. Till one day some other dude started to take my spot. Turned out he was new hire. Asked him if he’d kindly park in a different spot. It turned into a loud argument and almost a brawl in the lot. He said I don’t own the parking lot. I said I should I’ve been here 34 years. Mellennials.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I did the same thing. Parked in the same spot at work for many years. I was always like the second guy to get in the secure parking lot so it wasn’t difficult getting the same spot. Till one day some other dude started to take my spot. Turned out he was new hire. Asked him if he’d kindly park in a different spot. It turned into a loud argument and almost a brawl in the lot. He said I don’t own the parking lot. I said I should I’ve been here 34 years. Mellennials.
Let him park there watch him walk in…grab the tow strap and hook it to his vehicle and then pull it completely out of the lot…unhook and park in your spot. If you are confronted about it tell him that you tried to be reasonable and that if he parks there again you’ll take it across the county and just take the day off bc after 34 years you’ve earned that right and the same space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
My F450 bucket truck could do that.
All of the upper managers know me personally. I was the 2nd longest employee to be there. One day because of that incident I kidded with my supervisor that I’d been there so long I need a sign and designated spot. They brought it up to corporate and it got approved. At that time they didn’t know I wanted to retire in 9 months. Asked them not to do it and dropped the bomb on them of my retirement plans.

I‘ll be retired one year in three days. AND the newbie didn’t make it much past his probation period. I heard he quit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Just went through that again this week. Got a new youngster at work who’s decided he liked my spot. I went in a touch earlier, so when he pulled in, he saw the “morning crew” having our coffee… He politely apologized and actually asked where a good spot to park would be.

Good kid. Drives a Corolla though…… So… #shrug

21 - 31 of 31 Posts