F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed there 4 inch cat back exhaust but bypassed the muffler?? Was thinking of doing that, good bad?? I just want more whistles lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I think I read on here about someone doing that but they hated it. I am looking for the post but can't find it.
My personal opinion is that it would sound pretty bad. Our firing order is odd so it really affects the sound you get from our 3.5s

Regards,

SPPD

Reactions: Door over

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have a video of my truck with 4 inch straight pipe catback on YouTube i like the way it sounds. Its real loud now with the downpipe on it

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am thinking about doing a straight-pipe install as well. So, I hope this thread gets some more feedback good or bad.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I have a video of my truck with 4 inch straight pipe catback on YouTube i like the way it sounds. Its real loud now with the downpipe on it
do you have an updated vid with the down pipe installed?
The straight pipe sounded much better than I thought it would... :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
577 Posts

I have one at idle. but not one throughout rpms. My videos drag racing you can hear how loud it is

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I have one at idle. but not one throughout rpms. My videos drag racing you can hear how loud it is
How's the in-cab noise level? Any drone?

·
Registered
577 Posts
How's the in-cab noise level? Any drone?

I didn't really get any drone till i did the downpipe and its not all the time just sometimes on the highway with cruise on. And its not to bad inside cab noise wise. With windows up you cant really tell its straight piped. With windows down it roars lol

·
Registered
5,412 Posts

I agree ... it sounded much better than I anticipated. However, how loud is it when you boot it? Is it loud enough to attract any "unwanted" attention?

Also, when you're just cruising on the freeway, does it have any drone or buzzing that occurs at certain rpm ranges?

But it sounded quite nice in the video.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I agree ... it sounded much better than I anticipated. However, how loud is it when you boot it? Is it loud enough to attract any "unwanted" attention?

Also, when you're just cruising on the freeway, does it have any drone or buzzing that occurs at certain rpm ranges?

But it sounded quite nice in the video.
I get all kinds of attention when i lay into it lol. And it has a Lil drone every now and then when i have cruise control on

·
Registered
577 Posts
Think it affects hp and tq?? In good or bad way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel like i got some more power but that's prob just from sound i think that haha. I don't think you can really feel any changes when your messing with exhaust. I have never had it on the dyno so i have no idea

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I'm running a 4" with a catted down-pipe, and it sounds good until you hit wot. I get a good bit of compliments, except from my hemi buddies, but most people say that it sounds like a mini power-stroke. I ordered a resonator, and I'm looking for a 4" resonated tip to help mellow out the wot tone.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I put my y pipe on and I love the sound it make now. Love that turbo sound

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm running a 4" with a catted down-pipe, and it sounds good until you hit wot. I get a good bit of compliments, except from my hemi buddies, but most people say that it sounds like a mini power-stroke. I ordered a resonator, and I'm looking for a 4" resonated tip to help mellow out the wot tone.
Yea i like the sound of it.. And I'm pretty sure hemi guys are just angry they don't have twin turbos lol

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Yea i like the sound of it.. And I'm pretty sure hemi guys are just angry they don't have twin turbos lol
And, technically our engines are hemis too. They're just mad that i can burn them in a race, and tow a lot more than their cute little coil springs will let them.

·
Registered
577 Posts
And, technically our engines are hemis too. They're just mad that i can burn them in a race, and tow a lot more than their cute little coil springs will let them.
Haha yea. I saw a newer dodge the other day with a quad in the bed and it was squatting like a pig lol

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Haha yea. I saw a newer dodge the other day with a quad in the bed and it was squatting like a pig lol
I'm not going to lie, they ride way better than our trucks, but you sacrifice capability for comfort.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
No, they have a bad case of the "Chryslers".

Reactions: Pinero61
1 - 20 of 24 Posts