F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone shed some light into this for me. What is the power difference between the Two ? I have a AFE stage 2 CAI and Livernois now and looking to add a Y pipe. Any input is appreciated !

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price difference is 340.00 non catted vs 425.00 for the catted with free shipping Today Only

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Price difference is 340.00 non catted vs 425.00 for the catted with free shipping Today Only
The catted can be run with a canned tune, but the catless has to be custom tuned.

I opted for the catted version to keep a little back pressure on the turbos since I'm running a 4" exhaust, and they're slightly less noisy than the catless.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have custom tunes already and plan on keeping the stock exhaust mainly cause I don't want it to be very loud and Ricey.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I have custom tunes already and plan on keeping the stock exhaust mainly cause I don't want it to be very loud and Ricey.
That's the main issue with the d-p they give a lot of raspy-ness to the exhaust. I'm fighting to get mine sounding good.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have a y pipe or still stock ? I see you have. 4" exhaust

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
stainless works 3" catted, with a 4" afe (terrible exhaust) that I'm adding a MBRP resonator to.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gotcha - performance wise how do you like it pre / post Y pipe ?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IMO the best sounding EB belongs to spoolinFX4 ( DB Corsa non resonated )

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Gotcha - performance wise how do you like it pre / post Y pipe ?
I did the entire stage 4 with a canned tune at one time. The truck was ridiculous then...

I now have:

-Full Race CAC
-170 degree thermo
-Brisk plugs
-MPT 93 perf.
-BBK 73mm TB

I haven't driven it yet since these last mods though, I'm overseas for work.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gotcha - I guess I am going to order the Y pipe shortly. Mine is pretty ignorant now with just a Crazy tune and CAI .... Can't wait to push the envelope

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Stainless works and livernois make really nice ones.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I did the entire stage 4 with a canned tune at one time. The truck was ridiculous then...

I now have:

-Full Race CAC
-170 degree thermo
-Brisk plugs
-MPT 93 perf.
-BBK 73mm TB

I haven't driven it yet since these last mods though, I'm overseas for work.

What is your gas mileage now?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
What is your gas mileage now?
Just as terrible as it was before.

I average around 16 on the highway at 75-80. I have a heavy foot,3.73's, and 4x4.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can easily get 20 on the hwy as long as I stay below 75. I get anywhere from 14-16 towing heavy rolling at 70 mph. I have a 11' FX4 EB with 285/65/18's terra grapplers

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I can easily get 20 on the hwy as long as I stay below 75. I get anywhere from 14-16 towing heavy rolling at 70 mph. I have a 11' FX4 EB with 285/65/18's terra grapplers
I usually get 11-12 towing a cargo (wind catcher).

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can get 10-12 pulling with my 93 performance tune but when I load the 93 tow tune my mpg goes up a Lil.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I just bought the catless Mak Y pipe ..... Hope she is worth it ! Lol

1 - 20 of 100 Posts