F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was towing my 10,000 trailer up a 8% grade, outside temp 92 degrees, trans temp was at 218 degrees and I notice the temp gauge rising so I reduce my speed it continues to rise and the center information center says engine hot reducing power. The coolant gauge went almost to the red, I made the top of the hill and the coolant gauge dropped fast to below halfway. I never felt the power being reduced, has anyone else had this warning pop up?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Could be a bad sensor, think I read on another forum where someone was having the same issue. Although I think his CEL came on etc.

·
Registered
868 Posts
i think i would report that one to the service department
i have read other places that temps in the mid 200's would not hurt anything or effect performance so it might be a defective sensor but then again towing 5 ton up an 8% grade would be some serious work and really heat the trans and engine up.
you didnt say what you actually were towing with either so that may be more of the issue

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My tow vehicle is a 2013 f-150 ecoboost, crew cab, 4X4, with the tow max package. My trailer is a 21' Ragen toy hauler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts