F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's more of a safety/keep things running right kinda mod. I've gotta afe stage 2 intake..ordered a X4 tuner with MPT tunes..resonator delete...ordered this mod and a thermostat.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Hum. I wonder if you can delete the driver hose with that?

·
Vendor
1,173 Posts
You can delete, but this is off-road ony. RX has the same type for $39 if you want to go that route. It is the "off-road" breather kit.

This will result in fumes/smell as it vents to the atmosphere and is emissions illegal in all 50 States for on-road use.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
is this like a pcv delete? cure all for less money, environment be damned?, cuz if so, count me in
excluding any concerns regarding intake valves I believe so.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A valve cover breather simply allows positive crankcase pressure, which is created by cylinder blowby gases, to exit. Positive crankcase pressure is undesirable for several reasons. It can decrease engine performance, can damage engine seals causing them to leak and contaminates oil prematurely.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
That's what I got from CFM
The drivers side hose to the inlet of the turbo creates the vacuum source while under boost. A vacuum source helps remove contaminants from the oil. Also a vacuum helps decrease the pressure on the backside of the piston increase the amount of power created with each stroke. It isn't much as going from a slight vacuum to atmospheric but it is worth something. Dragsters use a vacuum pump to increase power output.

That being said, the power loss would be negligible and if you changed your oil frequently enough it may not do harm to your engine. And yes it would prevent the gunk from entering the CAC.

I don't really get the idea of the check valve in all honesty. Unmetered air would not harm us because of our map sensors. Fresh air would be a good source for when the crankcase is idling.

Reactions: stevenmverrill

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Please correct me if I am wrong or approaching this from the wrong angle. But the more I think on it the more I think that check valve is a bad idea. While idling the intake will be pulling a vacuum, but no fresh air is used to scavenge the contaminants due to the check valve. Under boost you have no vacuum source to scavenge, yes I guess you would have blow by, but that would just add more. So I am thinking if you want to run a filter instead of the turbo line then get a filter without a check valve. At least you will have some fresh air flow to scavenge the crankcase.

Or leave the turbo line connected and drill the hole in the CAC if you don't want a can.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This leaves all lines in tact and replaces the oil filter cap. It allows the motor to create vacuum and function as it would with the oem cap until under boost when there is a buildup of pressure then the valve opens and releases that pressure... I don't quite get the direction you were going with your thinking lol

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
This leaves all lines in tact and replaces the oil filter cap. It allows the motor to create vacuum and function as it would with the oem cap until under boost when there is a buildup of pressure then the valve opens and releases that pressure... I don't quite get the direction you were going with your thinking lol
I guess what I am trying to say is that even under boost the line to the turbo would create a vacuum in the crankcase. So there should never be a build up in pressure. So if all lines are still in place the filter wouldn't do a thing. Unless in the short transition between vacuum and boost that could cause a quick buildup of pressure.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts