F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the newer trucks let you change what type of battery using Forscan, but I have not found anything about that for the 11-14 trucks and do not see anything in the As-Built spreadsheet. Does anyone know if there is a way to switch it over to an AGM type battery?

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PLease explain?

I put a AGM in my 14, no problem.
I also have an AGM in mine and it works fine. I cannot find anything specific to the 11-14 F150 but this is what I am talking about:

The 2015+ F150's also have this setting.

Supposedly, a lot of people are finding that the default battery type on the 11-14's is already set to AGM. I guess I will go check mine and see but there is some though that the truck may charge the AGM different than a regular battery. Not sure, figured I would ask.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From forscan Lite

So i guess mine is default to one of the AGM 80 Ah.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't see the point of this. As long as the battery is seeing 14.1-14.8 on AGM, it is safe. You can log the voltage of the battery.
I think the setting can also relate to how the truck sees the battery capacity available and when it puts it into sleep mode.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
What's sleep mode?
I think it's when the PCM turns the charging on and off to save 0.0000001 mpgs.

I was constantly getting "Low Battery" warnings because of this. So I just pulled the wire off my battery, and I haven't had any "Low Battery" warning since.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Pretty sure those values aren’t real and applicable to the 2011-2014 trucks. AGM settings started when AGM batteries came on trucks with factory start-stop engines. While those bits may be populated in earlier truck’s settings, they probably don’t actually do anything.

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I think it's when the PCM turns the charging on and off to save 0.0000001 mpgs.

I was constantly getting "Low Battery" warnings because of this. So I just pulled the wire off my battery, and I haven't had any "Low Battery" warning since.
I have never had the low battery warning. I have BMS plugged in....at least I never messed with it. Maybe the dealer turned it off somehow. I always see battery at 14V driving.

I just recently switched to AGM and no issues still.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts