F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
easy question how torturous is it to change the low/high/fog light bulbs in 2018 XLT?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Follow the instructions in the manual, although I found it easier with the front wheels turned opposite to what the manual says. I used a bungee cord to hold the wheel well liner out of the way. Easiest would be with the front wheels off. Highs are much easier to do than the lows. Overall not torturous.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Have done 2 methods on my 2017 wheelwell and housing removed from front, and on a 2019 thru wheelwells. Either takes about an hour first time and very near same amount of work, both ways could be done by a novice. Removing the housings is scarier. Dealig with exposed body work can be, but all parts have easy access and the bulbs/dust-covers will be on a bench. KM

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Schweiger international import has some great LED that I installed on my snowmobile so I was thinking of going with same brand for the truck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I been thinking of upgrading my bulbs and all the videos I have seen the easy way is to going in by the front wheels. I just don't want to have to remove body parts to change them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts