F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just done with mods on my 2016 platinum, roush intake, magnaflow exhaust, cv fab intercooler, afe cold and hot pipes, 170 thermostat and can tune, I want to change my spark plug with NGK which one should I get and what gap.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Oh man, that's brutal... Lol
I use the 534s at .03. With all the possible bolt-ons and GT turbos, they do well for me. Granatelli coils help too!
Good luck

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mulyhuntr you must not understand what i am asking, when moding you car it comes to a point that tuners all want to use ngk cooper plugs and with turbo or supercharged they may want to use a cooler plug and lower gap. I am new to ford, so thats why I ask, I come from high power chevy cars, 98 ss camaro 650 hp, ss chevy trailblazer 700 hp supercharged with cooler ngk cooper plug lower gap.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Mulyhuntr you must not understand what i am asking, when moding you car it comes to a point that tuners all want to use ngk cooper plugs and with turbo or supercharged they may want to use a cooler plug and lower gap. I am new to ford, so thats why I ask, I come from high power chevy cars, 98 ss camaro 650 hp, ss chevy trailblazer 700 hp supercharged with cooler ngk cooper plug lower gap.
if you were to do a search, you’d find the oem plug gapped .026”-.028” is the way to go.

·
Registered
140 Posts
if you were to do a search, you’d find the oem plug gapped .026”-.028” is the way to go.
.03 is just fine too....? Of course I stick to 10k mile interval changes

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not exactly sure how to take your question, but Yeah they do, especially since I was on original coils at 200k+ miles. Except for switching a couple that were getting misfire counts over time. Allot of maintenance and I held out on coils... Bad me...
I'm one to spend the extra money for anything that's going to advance things.
Thought?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Not exactly sure how to take your question, but Yeah they do, especially since I was on original coils at 200k+ miles. Except for switching a couple that were getting misfire counts over time. Allot of maintenance and I held out on coils... Bad me...
I'm one to spend the extra money for anything that's going to advance things.
Thought?

Thought is those granatelli coils are nothing more than 3rd party turds with a sticker on them. If you think they are an improvement over OE coils or increased your power over what new OE coils would have, you would be mistaken.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Um, I watched the YouTube video they put up with Dyno charting, ect. And I was sold...

So are you saying I'm gullible? What are you saying? Where do you live? Line up? Let's go?

Really got me heated, maybe they are nothing but OEM with stickers. What's your experience?

Meanwhile, I'm going to bed!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Um, I watched the YouTube video they put up with Dyno charting, ect. And I was sold...

So are you saying I'm gullible? What are you saying? Where do you live? Line up? Let's go?

Really got me heated, maybe they are nothing but OEM with stickers. What's your experience?

Meanwhile, I'm going to bed!

Hahaha nite

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not so fast... What facts are you quoting?

Really though, let's line up?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Charlotte area... Looking to get down towards 5 Star soon for Dyno tune. ???

Light hearted all for fun!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nighty, night!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Moral of this story is don't ask what spark plugs to use! Lol

Whiskey got to talking...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I did search, and I know the oem gap , I am asking for gap for modded trucks and what heat range should be used. I know all this about chevy motors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Moral of this story is don't ask what spark plugs to use! Lol

Whiskey got to talking...

It is important to know what spark plug to use when modding your vehicle, copper, iridum, the gap, heat range, and oem plugs are not the choice of tuners,

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
17 Participants
lonestarbandit
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing