F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,502 Posts
Monitor your voltage. If you are seeing 14+Volts at the same time you are getting the alert, at least you know that the "charging system" IS putting out the required voltage, and you won't be buying alternators and such, chasing that rabbit hole.

I get the feeling that these trucks and that dang bms system is measuring all kinds of parameters and something could trigger that alert but not actually be a threat.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 XLT S-Crew 4x4
77 Posts
Dropping it off... Finger tap to make it work is just anecdotal...

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
2017 XLT S-Crew 4x4
77 Posts
I believe it's a crushed wire and thanks snake, it is outputting 14.4 when running

·
Registered
1 Posts
It seems like a lot of Ford owners might have this problem, but I'm not finding any solid information about it being a bug. My 2016 with about 32K miles on it is showing the error message about 30 seconds after cranking up. I've got what looks like a brand new battery with tight contacts at the battery. AutoZone put the ODB on it and didn't find any problems with the alternator (or anything else.) I did some volt-meter testing before going to AutoZone and didn't find any problems with the battery at rest or under load (A/C, lights, radio, fog lights etc.). AutoZone also tested the battery. It checked with no problems, but the employee said he thought the cranking voltage dipped too low during the starter test. It went down to around 9.1 on the line graph. This alert box never appeared before updating from SYNC 1.0 to SYNC 3.0.

Does anyone know what components can trigger this warning? It only comes up shortly after cranking. When the alert is dismissed, the red battery icon light stays lit. The alert box hasn't reappeared once it gets dismissed. I'm going to take a ferry and put this truck on a remote beach later this month and want to nip any electrical problems in the bud.

View attachment 145745 View attachment 145785
It seems like a lot of Ford owners might have this problem, but I'm not finding any solid information about it being a bug. My 2016 with about 32K miles on it is showing the error message about 30 seconds after cranking up. I've got what looks like a brand new battery with tight contacts at the battery. AutoZone put the ODB on it and didn't find any problems with the alternator (or anything else.) I did some volt-meter testing before going to AutoZone and didn't find any problems with the battery at rest or under load (A/C, lights, radio, fog lights etc.). AutoZone also tested the battery. It checked with no problems, but the employee said he thought the cranking voltage dipped too low during the starter test. It went down to around 9.1 on the line graph. This alert box never appeared before updating from SYNC 1.0 to SYNC 3.0.

Does anyone know what components can trigger this warning? It only comes up shortly after cranking. When the alert is dismissed, the red battery icon light stays lit. The alert box hasn't reappeared once it gets dismissed. I'm going to take a ferry and put this truck on a remote beach later this month and want to nip any electrical problems in the bud.

View attachment 145745 View attachment 145785
Just had the same issues for 2 wks. On my 2018 f150. New alternator, and battery still had the same issue. 63,000 miles and the dealer figured out it was a wiring issue prior to the alternator. $643.00 later for the rewire and fixed.

·
Registered
2017 XLT S-Crew 4x4
77 Posts
Do you know which wires were replaced? Would be awesome to know for future reference. 😎 🤙

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,460 Posts
expensive wiring job

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just had the same issues for 2 wks. On my 2018 f150. New alternator, and battery still had the same issue. 63,000 miles and the dealer figured out it was a wiring issue prior to the alternator. $643.00 later for the rewire and fixed.
Any info on the wires replaced? Anyone else have this and replace them... Im in the same boat but my #38 fuse isnt blown. Had wife bring battery to Advanced they tested it good ( i was out of town) i have a cheap multimeter reads 14.72 constantly..

·
Registered
2017 XLT S-Crew 4x4
77 Posts
I believe this one: MOTORCRAFT WC96712 (Link Removed)

I fixed my issue by tightening the power wire bolt on the starter and this seemed to fix it (for me anyways). I've read that wire sometimes gets a cut in it and grounds out on the frame or comes loose.

Attachments

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just wanted to update. With all the different issues here i ended up buying a reader bought the Blue Driver def worth it. I threw a bunch of codes which i dont have to post (on the road) but were i believe like 4 different codes.. I pulled alternator and battery to have a shop who rebuilds electronics for auto. Come to find out the voltage regulator was gone in alt and he told me they were faulty from factory especially in 2018 cost me $80 for new upgraded reg so hopefully save someone some cash instead of new alt for 800

·
Premium Member
9,502 Posts
Just wanted to update. With all the different issues here i ended up buying a reader bought the Blue Driver def worth it. I threw a bunch of codes which i dont have to post (on the road) but were i believe like 4 different codes.. I pulled alternator and battery to have a shop who rebuilds electronics for auto. Come to find out the voltage regulator was gone in alt and he told me they were faulty from factory especially in 2018 cost me $80 for new upgraded reg so hopefully save someone some cash instead of new alt for 800
Really appreciate the update. That'll save someone else a lot of aggravation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got another update i fixed the alternator voltage regulator which was a definite issue.. Still having battery service light come on plus throwing 3 codes po625 and po65b which i believe is the brown wire everyone seems to have break or chafe from what uve searched.. Truck seems to be running and functioning ok for the time being...

·
Premium Member
9,502 Posts
This is all I got on those 2 codes, and obviously they are related to the battery management. But the rest of my information (section 414-00) for troubleshooting and servicing is related to my Hybrid F150 and by the first paragraph you KNOW it doesn't apply to the regular Ecoboost. You wouldn't believe it if you read it. It's CrAZy.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts