F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the add fellas and Ladies.

2013 F150 3.5 Ecoboost with 170K miles. She has been a great truck....always run synthetic and changed at 5K. Changed coils once, and Iridium spark plugs twice. All of a sudden I have a check engine and a P2096 code. I changed Air Filter. Cleaned the MAF sensor...and the MAP sensor. Replaced upstream O2 Sensor on bank one as suggested, She is running great ( but getting only 17 around town) I can turn the code off...but it will return a few minutes later,

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
767 Posts
POTENTIAL SOLUTIONS FOR P2096
Before trying to fix the OBD-II scanner error code P2096 problem, download the technical service bulletins associated with the codes that you’re getting. It can help narrow down the problem for your vehicle. Look for additional codes that correspond with the P2096 code to help determine the specific problem. Here are some potential solutions:

• Go over the exhaust system and check for cracks, missing gaskets, rust holes and loose parts.
  • On Jeep and Chrysler models, check the electrical connectors.
  • Look underneath the vehicle while the engine is running. If the converter is clogged, it will glow red.
  • Listen for leaks between the Mass Airflow sensor and intake manifold. It will sound like a whistle.
  • Check to make sure the cylinders aren’t misfiring. Spray a little water on the cylinder exhaust port. If the water evaporates slowly, the cylinder isn’t firing right. Alternatively, check the condition of the plugs by taking them out.
  • Check the condition of the plug wires.
  • Replace the oxygen sensor if the code states “heater circuit malfunction.”
  • If you have a corresponding code, P2098, it could be fuel contamination. Try using a higher grade of fuel.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
The code seems to suggest its the downstream sensor that is getting the bad reading, not the upstream.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts